Games (inc Online)Rage (MM Fury Road -alike) Steam sale

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Linn (INDYLS)     
41972.21 In reply to 41972.19 
I have to delete games that I will never play to get space for new ones. That hurts.
“Not sure why there was a hooker in the film, that seemed a bit weird, but whatever.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
41972.22 In reply to 41972.21 
 As does paying full price for a game that I had to have, but never found time for, and now its 75% off. :(
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
I'm working my way through the campaign and have acquired a bunch of guns (pistol, shotgun, ak47, sniper rifle) and ammo (including grenades which I haven't tried yet, though plenty have been tossed at me). And now I'm in some mad maxian -ish frontier town running errands that involve finding and (crudely) interacting with different characters. My next challenge is to enter into a dune buggy race so I can win new buggy-mounted weapons, which I'd rather just skip the stupid race (the buggy is pretty hard to control) and get the weapons (or not) but whatever.

The combat so far is very arcade :-/ I do think the graphics are pretty cool though and some of the characters are fun. There's a DLC expansion pack also on sale, but I probably won't get it.
“Not sure why there was a hooker in the film, that seemed a bit weird, but whatever.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

So the vehicle races and especially minigun combat is actually the best part of the game so far. Vehicle physics are ace, and combat is a lot more open world than the arcade shooting gallery stuff.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.25 In reply to 41972.24 
I bought it in the end, for the princely sum of 2 brick. I'm looking forward to the racing bit - I've only done the first two missions and ridden a quad bike. How much time did it take to get to the races?

I do like the graphics, when they're static. Moving around generates a lot of the texture pop we mentioned before. I'm using the vanilla version though. I'll have some time tonight to try and get it patched up (using the link Milko suggested) to see if that improves things.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41972.26 In reply to 41972.25 
I'd say 2 or 3 hours to get the races after you start the game, maybe less.

You get a basic buggy as the reward for completing a mission which would be like in chapter 4 or 5 I think. Then you do a couple more things to get the buggy fixed up with parts (this part is actually a bit hard, with lots of bandits shooting at you and a maze to find the parts in), then you go to such and so town to get medical supplies (or just supplies). In this town you have to go talk to a couple characters then you are directed to the racing folks. After you win a couple of the 'beginners luck' races you earn enough to buy vehicle weapons (which are surprisingly cheap) and away you go.

The texture popping only happens to me when I turn quickly so I think it's a texture and/or model-culling thing. It actually doesn't bother me in the least, now that I'm used to it.

I still get an out-of-memory warning every time I load a new map, but I just click through it and doesn't seem to affect game play.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.27 In reply to 41972.25 
Was intrigued by this game, and the price. It's £7.49 now, though :(

▪                    
             ┌────┐    ┌────┐                      
          │    │    │    │ ▪                    
          │    └────┘    │                      
          │   ──┐  ┌──   │ ▪                    
   ┌──────┤    ▪    ▪    │                      
  ┌┘      │              │ ▪                    
┌─┤       └──┐  │  │  ┌──┘                      
│ │          │ ││  ││ │   ┌─┐                   
│ │          └─┼┤  └┴─┴───┘ │                   
│ │           ─┘│           │                   
│ │   ┌──────┐  └┬──────────┘                   
  │   │      │   │                              
  │   │      │   │                              
  └───┘      └───┘                              
If Feds call you and say something bad on me, it may prove what I said are truth, they are afraid of it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

well the game is certainly beginning to show its age and id pedigree. There is a consistent escalation of monsters and weapons within linear, scripted map scenarios. Gotta say the maps are gorgeous, even if the monsters are mostly meh after having played Metro 2033, Dead Island and L4D (most intense combat in this is vs. firearms-wielding humans). Frustrating you have to complete the entire map successfully or you're kicked back out to the beginning of it, and you can't save mid-map. I'm on my 5-6th go at the defibrillator upgrade map, and it take most of an hour to get near the end only to die  :-(( .
“Canadians can’t agree on what makes our country great, and one-third even hate hockey”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Phew!  :-O~~~ Finally made it all the way through on my second try last night. On your way out these poison-spewing green fuckers show up and they're real harsh. Two hits and you're done. Instead of standing back and trying to gun them down from a safe distance, which there is none, you have to charge right at 'em and blast them 4 or 5 times point blank with the shotgun, mostly in the head. So anyway, great map. I didn't actually mind all the replays. Well, I might if I had to face any more.
“Canadians can’t agree on what makes our country great, and one-third even hate hockey”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

So I'm on the next to last level with pulse-cannon equipped vehicles in a big-ass canyon, and it's making my pc hard crash. May have to dial down the graphics to get through this one.  :-(
Giant hogweed plant that can cause burns and blindness spreading in Canada, Funeral homes warned to be prepared in advance of possible pandemic
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.31 In reply to 41972.30 
I'm slowly getting through it - just been kicked out of the Wellspring town and off to fight more bad guys.

I'm not finding it too hard (though the big ass mutant in the first dead city level took a few attempts), and even though it's on rails, the gameplay's pretty fun.

How long have you been playing it to get to the nearly end?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.32 In reply to 41972.31 
I guess ~4-6 hours a week since late June.

Yeah that was a tough level.
Giant hogweed plant that can cause burns and blindness spreading in Canada, Funeral homes warned to be prepared in advance of possible pandemic
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Dropping game resolution to 1366x768 (IIRC) full-screen is giving much better performance all around, no choppiness with little apparent degradation of image quality. I dropped back a few levels and working my way back so dunno if it will help with the hard crashes in next-to-last level yet.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.34 In reply to 41972.30 

I finished it this morning. That last level is so disappointing. The climax is lots of underpowered mutants and 1 minigunner/pulse cannon guy. I didn't even use the shiny new weapon you get, thinking I'd save it for the 'boss'. Unfortunately, the boss seems to be a switch. :|

Also, I'm not sure why you couldn't save mid-map. I bound a key to quick save, and it worked fine...

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.35 In reply to 41972.34 
Yeah I worked out the mid-map saving thing. Very handy! There seems to be limited number of save slots, so you have to keep pruning or it will keep overwriting the last save.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.36 In reply to 41972.35 
You managed to complete it yet?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.37 In reply to 41972.36 
I made it through the blowing up the bridge (next to last level) after skipping the multi-vehicle battle at the end and high-tailing it back to Wellspring. Will probably try to finish today.
“A teen reunited with her birth mother, who then killed her and burned her body, police claim”
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.38 In reply to 41972.36 
Well it turned out a lot tougher than you said it was for you, even with using the fancy pulse gun thingy against those damned pulse gun-wielding apes (and utterly hopeless without). I shall have to try again tomorrow.
“A teen reunited with her birth mother, who then killed her and burned her body, police claim”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.39 In reply to 41972.38 
Yeah do it. The ending is /so/ worth it. I'm pretty sure I used one of the auto rifles to beat that last level.

I remember stocking up with a ton of the armour piercing rounds and using those to take the big bad guys out.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.40 In reply to 41972.39 
You can take 'em down with 2 or 3 headshots with the pulse gun, or as many clips of armor-piercing bullets (and risk getting killed between reloads).

Me, I'll take the pulse with basically all the free ammo you can use and save on bullets.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–58

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats