Games (inc Online)Insurgency: Peak (map)

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
http://insurgency.wikia.com/wiki/Peak

This is one of the toughest maps (the other is "Heights", but it's got loads of buildings to duck into so quite a bit easier). I've beat it a few times in "hunt" mode. I always play as the breacher, because I like to blow shit up (also you can't win unless you blow up the enemy cache, and the bot compadre's are too dumb for such a task). I recently discovered that if you die as the breacher, you can bodysnatch a survivor, pick up the c4 and still complete the mission. Handy!

Unlike the urban/village maps, you are often being fired upon from multiple directions, and the enemies materialize out of nowhere in swarms*. The breacher's load out options aren't spectacularly good either, at least not for this map (it has cqb covered pretty well what with the mp5 and the default shotgun), probably the best rifle to go with is the m16 with heavy barrel and AP rounds, and you can still haul c4, chest carrier, light armour and 'free' makarov.

I can beat the map about 20% of the time if I'd had < 3 drinks, usually with all the other friendlies dead.

*this can work to your advantage after you blow up the cache: camp in a cul de sac and wait for the swarm to come charging in. Just remember to reload early, reload often.
“Pot stinks, alcohol only stinks when you bring it up!”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats