War & PoliticsArticle: Brexit sell by date

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
41947.34 In reply to 41947.31 
s. I certainly see no evidence to support your assertion that in California: 'Once you are released from prison, you are considered a "Felon" for life, and never allowed to vote again = for your entire life'

- Companies will not hire you because their business insurance bars them from hiring people with a criminal record.

- If you try to start your own business so that you can have a job, it is nearly impossible to get a contractor license and business licenses are harder to obtain.

- If you do manage to get a contractor license, it is hard to get the required insurance.

- No public funding to further your education

- Housing is much more difficult to obtain

- You are barred from ever owning a gun (I know you don't care, but that is an important right in the US)

- If you move into an area, people will look up your name on the internet, see that you have a criminal record, and won't let their children play with your children.

- It is just a hair trigger of a parole or probation violation to get put back in jail, so essentially you have no voting rights.

I know people who have gone through this and it is a big challenge.

IMHO, this is essentially being treated as a felon for life.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–34

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats