HardwareOculus Rift

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
I've got a lead on getting one with touch controllers for a relatively cheap price (second hand "as new" kinda thing). Can't decide! Have any of you spent much time in it? I don't really have the space or the time, but I do have the gadget lust. The nearest I've experienced is a GearVR, and not even the latest gen of that.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
41925.2 In reply to 41925.1 
For me it'd all depend on how much... I think they're about £600 without the touch controllers? So if someone said to me £350 second hand with the touch controllers, I'd be all over it like a bad rash. I could probably be arm wrangled for an extra £50...

There isn't a huge amount for them right now, but I reckon it's going to explode in the next couple of years. You'll need a pretty good PC though to do it justice!
[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Serg (NUKKLEAR)     
41925.3 In reply to 41925.2 
£450 with touch. And a bit far to drive to collect.

I've a fairly beefy pc, nvidia 980 graphics. Not cutting edge but powerful enough for it.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
41925.4 In reply to 41925.1 
I have (in theory) bought a complete (very local) second-hand HTC Vive rig for £560 on Ebay, but the party of the second part hasn't responded to my email pleas to pick it up for 30 hours, so I'm starting to get fretty.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–4

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats