GeneralBabies

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41904.21 In reply to 41904.19 
it'd been a long tough day! I'll look forward to my award sometime near the heat death of the solar system.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
41904.22 In reply to 41904.21 
Kenny's on it!
“Spiders could theoretically eat every human on Earth in one year”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41904.23 In reply to 41904.20 
If they refused you still have some time left. Sounds like you accept inevitable which is always a good thing!

Actually, now I've thought about it, they only refused because you'll then no longer require their services as once it's done you'll be buying a pair of clippers. Very cunning.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41904.24 In reply to 41904.17 
Aw man, cute as anything - glad you're all doing well! And there'll be no free will in our house.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dan (HERMAND)      
41904.25 In reply to 41904.1 
That must have been horrible watching him going through that. Great that's it's all working out so well though. Is this going to be a life long condition he'll have to deal with?

Awesome picture too, little cutey :D

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Serg (NUKKLEAR)     
41904.26 In reply to 41904.15 
Star Trek fan already. Good job :D Is she a Piccard or Kirk fan though?

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41904.27 In reply to 41904.17 
Definitely easier in some ways but more difficult in others as they grow up. I'm glad going down the shops isn't such a drama anymore though. No need to pack bags with nappies and food and all the baby stuff, just shove them in the car and go.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
41904.28 In reply to 41904.25 
Any fixes will always be artificial (Barring new tech), so in that sense, it'll always be something he has to be aware of but hopefully his quality of life shouldn't really be impacted. Interestingly, the Olympic snowboarder Shaun White had a milder form of the same condition so that's something. (From brief reading, I think they were able to fix his without artificial bits)

Childhood is the fucker, really - because he'll simply outgrow the artificial valve and conduits they put in. We're already seeing this now - his blood O2 readings were about 90 - 95 after surgery (95 - 100 would be "normal", with anything under 90 being "low" for normal people). They've now dipped to being 85 - 90. If that trend continues over the next 4 - 6 weeks they'll need to look into doing "something". Hopefully something key hole, like a stent to enlarge his existing conduit slightly which should see him through to his next big OP, which is likely to be next year.

Next years a big one in itself, because they'll also try and fix the hole in his heart and fit a valve. The surgery in December was literally just adding a conduit to allow blood to the lungs - so comparatively basic, but they had some complexities/complications to deal with.

And then it's all a bit unclear but we're looking at open heart every 5 years until he's a bigger teenager when hopefully they can do one last one.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
41904.29 In reply to 41904.26 
Hmm good question... I'll try to find out.
[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41904.30 In reply to 41904.14 
You won't regret it nearly as much as you think you will, and later, you'll find you actually miss it. :)

Beehive Styles Forum: If you've created a Beehive style and want to freely display and offer it to others, or are looking for free styles for your Beehive forum, then this is the place for you!
Dozens of styles available for free download and use.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41904.31 In reply to 41904.1 
That was Littlewibbly's 13th birthday (Nanowibbl turned 11, this week!)

He's rather cute, for a baby.

It means something to Owen
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–31

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats