TechnicalLinux wifi help :(

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
41880.15 In reply to 41880.14 
Yep, goes against "The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose" and "The freedom to ... change it so it does your computing as you wish"

No point arguing that though - they'd just say having the source code means you're free to modify it, (whilst insisting immediately that doing so would be the worst thing ever).

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)      
41880.16 In reply to 41880.15 
I had a very quick search to see what support that distro had for Intel WiFi (obviously little or none), and the first few forum posts were just people getting angry for others linking to non-free proprietary firmwares. At which point I thought, I'm not Richard Stallman so I really don't care.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
41880.17 In reply to 41880.16 
Richard cares so you don't have to.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41880.18 In reply to 41880.17 
It's a massive weight off my penguin shoulders.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)      
41880.19 In reply to 41880.15 
It's the nature of the beast though innit. If you want to be *100% certain* that there's nothing proprietary on your machine, then Trisquel is the right choice. Which means for the vast majority of people in the vast majority of situations, it's a terrible choice.

There are *plenty* of other distros (Debian's a good choice for a fairly hard-line but still sane approach to freeness).
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–19

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats