Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Exorcised
“Selfie drone company shuts down despite $34m pre-orders” – news story
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

The other Snowden (the one with two "o"s)

I had a huge coffee-table book about the swingeing 60s London art scene illustrated with his photos that I really, really liked (sadly given away or tossed years ago, too big to move), I especially liked his shots of Francis Bacon, but I'm a slobbering Bacon fanboi  :-{) .

Here it is, listed for $300. I paid 10-bucks for it in ~1980  :-((

“Selfie drone company shuts down despite $34m pre-orders” – news story
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Mannix

This is shaping up to be a bountiful year. B-)
“Neuroscience Can't Explain How a Microprocessor Works.” That's OK, I can't either.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41872.4 In reply to 41872.3 
I have no idea what Mannix was like.

Was it better or worse than Columbo?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41872.5 In reply to 41872.4 
Completely different. All about the macho, fisticuffs & gunfights.

Mannix is notable for taking physical punishment. During the course of the series, he is shot and wounded over a dozen separate times, and knocked unconscious around 55 times.[23] He frequently takes brutal beatings to the abdomen; some of these went on quite a long time, particularly by the television standards of the era. Whenever he gets into one of his convertibles, he can expect to be shot at or run off the road by another car or find his vehicle sabotaged. Nevertheless, he keeps his cool and perseveres until his antagonists are brought down. While making the television pilot "The Name is Mannix", Connors dislocated his shoulder running away from a From Russia with Love-type pursuit from a helicopter,[1] and broke his left wrist punching a stuntman who happened to be wearing a steel plate on his back.
“Neuroscience Can't Explain How a Microprocessor Works.” That's OK, I can't either.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41872.6 In reply to 41872.5 
So, worse than Columbo then?

:J
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41872.7 In reply to 41872.6 
Not directly comparable, but I'd rather watch Columbo. Mannix was decently entertaining in its own way.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Roger Moore

Of the Bond actors I've seen (all except Lazenby IIRC), he was among the best. Can't remember if I've seen him in anything else, so either not, or the role was not memorable.
“Pot stinks, alcohol only stinks when you bring it up!”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41872.9 In reply to 41872.8 
The Saint and The Persuaders (on TV)

v good at what he did. A life well-lived and all that.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–9

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats