Music, Film, TV & BooksDr. Strange

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
41827.2 In reply to 41827.1 
I thought it was enjoyable. A lot more humour than I expected (considering the character. About normal for Marvel).

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Am I allowed to change my mind? Just re-watched this on the small screen, mainly because of FC4's blatant Orientalism, which is reckoned to be a bad word nowadays, with considerable justification.

But this is innocent, 1970s hippy Orientalism, when all the cool kids hung bad mandala reproductions on their walls and went to Kathmandu seeking to heal their bodies broken when they crashed their daddy's maserati while discussing brain surgery... anyhooo... the visuals are real trippy (Mrs.D compared the Dark World to viruses inside a stomach) and the characters are all ace, including Swinton's bald white guru shtick. Bravura performance by Cumberbatch.
“Brexit is a uniquely British story of political backstabbing, hubris and incompetence spawned by factional disputes within the ruling Conservative Party”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–3

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats