Games (inc Online)Freebie

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
If anyone's signed up to GOG's Galaxy service, they're offering System Shock 2 for free for the next few hours.

That's one game I never played myself, though I enjoyed the Thief games which were spiritual successors to it. Is it worth a look?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41759.2 In reply to 41759.1 
Looks like that old Bungie game Marathon I used to play on my mac, which was a pretty good game in it's day. I've been burned a coupla times on these old games (Resident Evil 4, Fallout 3) though. They really don't look all that great, and storylines are pretty weak. OTOH I really liked Metro 2033 and Dead Island 1 & 2, both for visuals and stories.
electric eels can leap out of water and shock you
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41759.3 In reply to 41759.2 
Graphics don't bother me all that much. I've recently been playing more old Megadrive (Genesis) games on an emulator than stuff in my Steam library. As long as the gameplay's there it doesn't matter how the thing looks.

For instance, I really didn't like Crysis 2's visuals, there was just too much going on and made picking out what you were supposed to be looking at (enemies, items etc) too hard and I stopped playing it 'cos it was giving me a headache. Wolfenstein The New Order was similarly affected, though to a lesser degree.

I know the graphics in System Shock 2 are primitive compared to recent offerings, it was made before Thief (IIRC) and that hasn't aged well in the looks department at all. It's still one of the scariest games I've ever played though.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–3

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats