Technicalemail-me-do

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
I'm trying to setup a new email address on my dedicated server (looks like I hadn't sorted this in the past for this domain and server). So I have the following

1. Domain registered with 123-reg
2. Using FreeDNS for the name servers
3. FreeDNS is pointing the main domain to the dedicated server IP as an A record (selected subdomains elsewhere)
4. Dedicated server is running ISP config and has an email server running

What do I need to setup on FreeDNS? MX records? Subdomains?

I've probably not given enough info here.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
41746.2 In reply to 41746.1 
Working! Thanks everyone.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41746.3 In reply to 41746.2 
Glad I could help!
Roland Skollani was sick of Pittsburgh. This city was the dead-end of his failed dreams and even dope didn’t help his choking fits no more. It had been a mistake to leave Hollywood and to follow Rita. Maybe it was a twist of fate, that there were only a few days left to leave his ex-wife’s house. Now he MUST act. Rita had a new lover and he didn’t mind, but why of all people did she choose this greedy, corrupt cop Lennon?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41746.4 In reply to 41746.1 
Not quite, the emails aren't encrypted.

How do I make that so?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41746.5 In reply to 41746.4 
Encrypt them.

IGMC  :-Y
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dave!!     
41746.6 In reply to 41746.5 
:C

I'm using Dovecot and/or postfix
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41746.7 In reply to 41746.6 
Did you try any of this stuff:

http://blog.snapdragon.cc/2013/07/07/setting-postfix-to-encrypt-all-traffic-when-talking-to-other-mailservers/
Roland Skollani was sick of Pittsburgh. This city was the dead-end of his failed dreams and even dope didn’t help his choking fits no more. It had been a mistake to leave Hollywood and to follow Rita. Maybe it was a twist of fate, that there were only a few days left to leave his ex-wife’s house. Now he MUST act. Rita had a new lover and he didn’t mind, but why of all people did she choose this greedy, corrupt cop Lennon?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41746.8 In reply to 41746.7 
(hug)
(woot)

I had to use the Internet Archive to access the page, but it did the trick, Google now tells me the emails are encrypted! 
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41746.9 In reply to 41746.8 
Glad I could help!
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41746.10 In reply to 41746.8 
Quote: 
I had to use the Internet Archive to access the page

Huh? Why?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41746.11 In reply to 41746.10 
Just isn't accessible for me on laptop or phone.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41746.12 In reply to 41746.11 
Yeah, not accessible here now. It loaded fine from a google search link earlier.  :-S
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41746.13 In reply to 41746.12 
You killed it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41746.14 In reply to 41746.13 
Seems to be back up.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–14

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats