Games (inc Online)Resident Evil: any good?

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Humble's doin a promo.
Roland Skollani was sick of Pittsburgh. This city was the dead-end of his failed dreams and even dope didn’t help his choking fits no more. It had been a mistake to leave Hollywood and to follow Rita. Maybe it was a twist of fate, that there were only a few days left to leave his ex-wife’s house. Now he MUST act. Rita had a new lover and he didn’t mind, but why of all people did she choose this greedy, corrupt cop Lennon?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

So after sifting through Steam I learned that RE4 is the latest that will work with xp.

Which I can get for 9 bucks from HB.

https://www.humblebundle.com/capcom-bundle-remix
Roland Skollani was sick of Pittsburgh. This city was the dead-end of his failed dreams and even dope didn’t help his choking fits no more. It had been a mistake to leave Hollywood and to follow Rita. Maybe it was a twist of fate, that there were only a few days left to leave his ex-wife’s house. Now he MUST act. Rita had a new lover and he didn’t mind, but why of all people did she choose this greedy, corrupt cop Lennon?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41745.3 In reply to 41745.2 
RE4 is a classic on consoles at least, never tried the PC version. It's also pretty old, mind you.
From what I heard, and I haven't played them, 5 and 6 are not as well-regarded.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
41745.4 In reply to 41745.3 
Ima get it. Bundle includes RE revelations remastered in hd (2013) which looks like it might be pretty cool.

Quote: 
It's also pretty old
Any game that works on xp...

Got it!  :-O~~~
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Played it for a few minutes after backing off video settings a bit, apparently not enuf because it ran slow as fuck. Apparently the issue is well known and affects pcs way better than my modest rig. Anyhoo there's a 'fix' (basically set video stuff as low as possible):
http://steamcommunity.com/app/254700/discussions/0/558749191020857037/
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41745.6 In reply to 41745.5 
So, resident evil: any good?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41745.7 In reply to 41745.6 
Graphics are SOF/RTCW -ish (ie fairly primitive, though not as bad as Max Payne). The version I got is a 2014 re-release with hd textures and supposedly runs @ 60 FPS. I'm really hoping the story is not as stupid and in your face as Fallout 3, which I just nuked off my hdd. No too keen on 3rd person view, at least there's a fix for the mouse view http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=302405939 and some other mods to check out as well.

TLDR: I'll let you know.

*judging by youtube gameplay videos, RE revelations looks hella better and I'm thinking I should have installed it instead
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I also want to know if the new Resident evil is good or just mediocre. Wanted to get a good sci-fi horror action game. RE kind of game is just what I want right now but not sure if its worth it or not. Any ranking or suggestion here? Btw, I play on PS4 
Ben
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I have looked up on gamespot and other review engines but those reviews looks like paid to me. 
Ben
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  BarHenly (BARHEN)     
41745.10 In reply to 41745.8 
Ive not played yet, but I understand, from talking others, that it does put the horror back (the last few have been more action games that just happen to have zombies) and that people are liking it.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Linn (INDYLS)     
41745.11 In reply to 41745.10 
True. But man I liked Last of Us, it was horror too, sort of action-mixed but yeah. I have high expectations from REVII now. 
Ben
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Bought it last week and the game gave me shivers when I started playing at 2:00 am in the morning. The game is very much hard-core horror. Enjoyed it though. Waiting for other episodes to be thrown. 

Ben
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41745.13 In reply to 41745.12 
How is the story so far? Playing at 2.00 AM if i was you would not be doing it in the first place. 
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  gracia (GRACEINC)     
41745.14 In reply to 41745.13 
Story is actually good. Game play is amazing. Its like you're actually in playing in a Horror movie! 

Try it! 
Ben
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  gracia (GRACEINC)     
41745.15 In reply to 41745.13 
Playing at 2:00 is more fun! Well sometimes it gets to you but its fun most of the time! :D 
Ben
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

When is the new DLC coming out for RE7?
Ben
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41745.17 In reply to 41745.14 
I have not played yet due to some busy schedule. But i think i am missing on it. Will surely get it this weekend and check it out.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–17

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats