Games (inc Online)Rocket League

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
£7.20 with code MAR20 from GMG http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/racing/rocket-league/ (£8.99 without the code) So, I'm IN at last. How do we do a game of this. Also this text looks very odd in the preview window so it might come out funny when I press Post.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
41706.2 In reply to 41706.1 
Right, it didn't do any of my line breaks. And now this quick reply window looks odd in a slightly different way.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.3 In reply to 41706.1 
That looks kind of insane. And yeah, the post wysiwyg stuff seems messed up.

----
"American football is when a bunch over over paid American sports people frightened of being hurt strap on a ton of armour to play a game of rugby"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.4 In reply to 41706.1 
I think I'll give that a try. Thanks Milko!

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.5 In reply to 41706.1 
I play this pretty much every day so... let me know when you're up for a game and we can party up and play.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.6 In reply to 41706.1 
Also, something I'd recommend is remapping your controls when you first start playing.

Make sure you can jump and boost at the same time and also air-roll and boost at the same time. This doesn't mater early on but later on you'll need it and, at that point, relearning controls is *horrible*. Took me two weeks to get used to changing my layout.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Lucy (X3N0PH0N)     
41706.7 In reply to 41706.6 
Right, right. I also heard something about pulling the camera angle back a bit (or changing FOV). I've done the rookie training and played a few bot matches, it is damn good fun innit. Must be ever so more so online I expect. But yeah, last minute goals and last-ditch saves, excellent fun.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.8 In reply to 41706.7 
It's amazingly fun, yeah.

And yeah, the recommended settings are:

Camera Shake: Off
Camera FOV: 110
Camera Height: 100.00
Camera Angle: -3.00
Camera Distance: 230.00
Camera Stiffness: 0.70
Camera Swivel Speed: 3.20

Mine are a bit different but yeah, adjust to taste. It's about finding a balance between seeing past your car and looking where your car is heading, really. Wide FOV trades seeing more of the pitch for less depth perception, which I think is worth it (you get used to judging the depth).

So yeah, if I see you online of an evening, I'll invite you in.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
I had a short series of matches online with Xen and Kev (once of this parish) last night among other people that I don't know. It was a lot of fun! I even scored a goal, amongst many other things that I did quite badly. Luckily they're good enough to compensate for my lack of skillz so we won more times than we lost.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.10 In reply to 41706.9 
It was fun!

4 v 4 is kinda horribly hectic. 3 v 3 allows for more organisation and actual plays and that.

The fourth member of our team was Matt.

I hope you join us again! And find a mic! (We discord while we play)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.11 In reply to 41706.10 
I do have a mic, it just wasn't plugged in or easy to get. I'll get it.  But then you make it all even more complicated, wtf is discord oh I'll google it oh it's a thing. Bah, things. But OK I'll do it.

I was thinking 4v4 was kinda more organised, in that both teams seemed to be able to spare a defender most of the time while the rest went up and tried to be in the right place. Apart from me, obv. I like how often I made my car flip about madly in the space just next to the ball while whichever one of you was covering got on with hitting the ball from just behind me.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.12 In reply to 41706.11 
:D

I *really* wish I'd saved the replay of my first ever game. Literally six people just trying, and mostly failing, to hit the ball at all. You don't really notice yourself improving because the game matches you against people at roughly your own skill level.

But yeah, you played well, especially given how long you've played. The *main* (as in most damaging) thing noobs get wrong is positioning and yours was generally good. Hitting the ball just comes with practise :D

Most important thing is learning to rotate. As in, if you're defending and your teammate leaves goal to meet a ball then you should go to goal to fill the hole (YJ). When attacking if the last person comes forward to hit a ball they can get to well, you should back off and take the rearmost position (YJ).

And, obviously, don't go for a ball your teammate is going for (unless they've very clearly missed it). Doubling up like that leaves big exploitable gaps.

Similarly, if you've missed a ball and both you and the ball are slow-moving (so you can't do much with it), rotate out and let a teammate have a pop.

AAand... don't chase the ball. Go where the ball is going to be or just occupy a useful space in relation to your teammates. On the attack you generally want one person on the ball trying to send it mid, one person ready to put it in and one person a bit further back ready to go for a rebound/clearance or rush back to goal for a counterattack (rearmost person should always go to goal if other team gets possession). But yeah, you should be rotating in and out of one of those three roles generally.

It's all kinda situational though, none of these are hard and fast (YJ) rules.

4s is good practise in the sense that you can kinda always go for the ball and try stuff out, there's less pressure cos it's such a scramble on both sides.

Anyway, sorry, that was a lot of unasked for advice :Y
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.13 In reply to 41706.11 
Oh and discord's really easy, you can use it via the website if you can't be arsed to download the app.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.14 In reply to 41706.13 
haha, thanks. I will get it. Probably not tonight though, this afternoon has gone increasingly towards "hey milko you are going to be working tonight" in the shitafternoon stakes. 
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.15 In reply to 41706.14 
No worries, like I say we play most nights so just beep me on Steam if you see me playing and want to join (and I'll add you if I notice you on, no obligation to join).
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.16 In reply to 41706.15 
apologies for having to leave, that was a lot of fun again. Can you tell I've not really played it since we last did? haha I was so bad, it is fortunate that Kev is very good. OK I WILL SET UP DISCORD NOW SO IT'S READY NEXT TIME
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.17 In reply to 41706.16 
I am milko9000 on it but I haven't done the microphone bit yet.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.18 In reply to 41706.16 
You pulled off a couple of game-winning saves :Y

I made a teh room on discord. There's no one in it but we can use it when we play. Here's an invitation that will last 24hrs: https://discord.gg/0q3T0560WOtXCOhr
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.19 In reply to 41706.18 
Will it work on xp? Asking for a friend.
"Force Trump to spend as much as five minutes with one of his own supporters." - Secret Republican blueprint for stopping Donald Trump
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41706.20 In reply to 41706.18 
I was very pleased with the Overtime save I managed when we went on to win, aye :)

Room joined! I'm too tired for games tonight though.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–25

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats