Games (inc Online)Left4Dead 80% off on Steam

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Sale ends Feb. 12. Just picked up bundle (LfD + LfD2) for Ca. $6.50. Woohoo!

----
"American football is when a bunch over over paid American sports people frightened of being hurt strap on a ton of armour to play a game of rugby"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

dl one last night (will get the other next mo due to data cap). looks bitchin'

----
"American football is when a bunch over over paid American sports people frightened of being hurt strap on a ton of armour to play a game of rugby"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41687.3 In reply to 41687.2 
Data caps. What a time to be alive. (fail)

▪                    
             ┌────┐    ┌────┐                      
          │    │    │    │ ▪                    
          │    └────┘    │                      
          │   ──┐  ┌──   │ ▪                    
   ┌──────┤    ▪    ▪    │                      
  ┌┘      │              │ ▪                    
┌─┤       └──┐  │  │  ┌──┘                      
│ │          │ ││  ││ │   ┌─┐                   
│ │          └─┼┤  └┴─┴───┘ │                   
│ │           ─┘│           │                   
│ │   ┌──────┐  └┬──────────┘                   
  │   │      │   │                              
  │   │      │   │                              
  └───┘      └───┘                              
If Feds call you and say something bad on me, it may prove what I said are truth, they are afraid of it.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
41687.4 In reply to 41687.3 
I hate our ISP  (frown) . We've scoped out a much better plan, which a friend has conveniently pre-flighted, so one of these months soonish we'll switch.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

This is soooo addictive I hate it. 8-O  (drool)  (erm)  :'-( 

Somebody stop me!

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.6 In reply to 41687.5 
Xen's your man there... oh wait, no.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41687.7 In reply to 41687.6 
I've not played L4D2 for a long time. I miss it.

Rocket League is the new addiction.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Lucy (X3N0PH0N)     
41687.8 In reply to 41687.7 
I'm always late to the party with these things. I only got L4D2 last year and have barely played it.

I got killed a lot in a short amount of time and had little idea to what I was doing. :C I know it's an online game, and all that entails, but is there any chance of joining a game and going solo or does the team /have/ to work together?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.9 In reply to 41687.8 
You don't *really* have to work together until higher difficulties. But if you go off on your own you kinda have to accept that if you get specialed no one's going to help you (because you're playing like a dick and also you'll just be too far away).

Playing with strangers is often not much fun because 90% play like dicks. There is a single player mode (i.e. you plus bots) which is better when you just want to play in your own way and not have to worry about anyone else.

Expert Realism is a *lot* of fun with friends though.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.10 In reply to 41687.8 
On L4D 1, there's not enuf med kits, not enuf ammo and too many zombies on the tougher levels, so I basically get worn down to nothing. Also the "tanks" are too hard to kill with available weapons. The infinite ammo cheat helps though.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.11 In reply to 41687.10 
Molotov's and pipe bombs help out, just gotta remember to use 'em. I also read that you should use pistols ( which have unlimited ammo) as much as possible.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.12 In reply to 41687.9 
I'll have a go with the bots - it'll give a bit more of an understanding of the mechanics before playing alongside real people.  :-)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.13 In reply to 41687.10 
Did you ever finish playing through Dead Island? I got bored after ~15 hours in and haven't been back to it yet. I've been playing Far Cry 3, which is essentially the same game, but with pirates instead of zombies. The driving's better though, I've been enjoying careening around the place in a buggy and leaping off waterfalls.  :-D
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.14 In reply to 41687.12 
How to be good at L4D2, in order of importance:

1. Crouch when you shoot (unless you're shooting while moving but generally speaking you shouldn't be). This increases your accuracy and also allows others to shoot over you (you should always crouch if others are shooting past you).

2. Stick together and keep moving. Which seems contradictory. You need to always be moving (because L4D2 is *really* a resource management game). If you are stationary you are consuming resources (bullets, health) without gaining anything. But you need to stay close together in case anyone gets specialed or swamped. Maintain line of sight with each other ideally.

3. Use right click to push zombies away when they're hitting you. Use this when reloading or when trying to move through a horde. New users under-use this a lot and it accounts for much of their dying.

edit: 3b. When you're stationary, crouched and shooting (during a horde or when clearing a room) you want as little of you exposed to danger as possible. So the best option is to be in a corner so you know you're not going to get approached from the back or sides. Back to a wall or behind low cover is next best (being behind low cover also prevents Smokers from pulling you far away from your team, so look for cover when you hear them). In short, when you're shooting, think about and try to minimise the angles you can be attacked from.

4. Similarly, if someone near you is specialed (Smokered, Huntered or Jockeyed), if you're close enough, use right click to push the special off them so it can be dealt with. Don't just shoot it, it'll take longer and they'll lose more health.

(You can also right-click-push to interrupt a Hunter's pounce. If you push it *just* as it's about to land on you it will be stumbled and you can easily kill it. This is hard to do though, it's just about learning the timing.)

5. Deal with special infected *quickly*. Normal zombies don't do much damage (below Expert difficulty at least) whereas specials can fuck over the entire team. Locate them and kill them when you hear them.

6. Don't try to get someone up if there are still zombies around. If someone's downed then they're not actually losing health but if you try to get them up while zombies slap you, *you will be losing health*, which is a net loss. Kill the zombies *then* get them up. (Obviously if there's not time for that then get them up and take the hit, but usually there's enough time to do it the smart way).

7. Think of health (and other resources too, but it matters more with health) as communal. Because it is. Don't waste medkits, save them for when they're needed and use them on whoever needs them the most. The more people you have alive and shooting the better chance you all stand.

8. Use throwables appropriately. Pipes are good for getting rid of smallish group of zombies (so that you can get someone up for example). Molotovs should be thrown into chokepoints where zombies are coming from during a horde. Biles are used to distract a horde so that you can run past them (super-useful for rolling hordes).

Don't waste throwables. Make sure every team member is carrying one.

9. Tanks:

Take your time and keep your distance. If they get *at all* close, stop shooting and get away from them. Only shoot at them when you're sure you're not going to be hit. When you are in a decent position, just shoot them as much as you can (and look out for their rock throws which will become very readable and easy to dodge). You want to bring the tank down as fast as possible, obviously, but it's better to take longer than get hit. Don't waste throwables on tanks; biles will just spawn a horde giving you two problems instead of one. Molotovs are *sometimes* useful because you can just set the tank on fire and then ignore it until it dies but it's a bit of a waste. Pipes are handy if there are zombies around getting in your way - throw the pipe and concentrate on the tank.

10. Witches:

Unless you're very confident that you can crown it, leave it the fuck alone and just go around it. If you *have* to deal with it (cos it's in the way) then everyone should get a good distance from it and all start shooting it simultaneously.

11. Some of the achievements are really fun to do. Guardin' Gnome, for example. Do them. They're fun.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.15 In reply to 41687.12 
Also I'd love to have a game with you, drop me a message if you fancy it anytime.

(L4D2 is unusual in that having new people on the team makes it *more* fun. It gets unchallenging when everyone knows what they're doing)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.16 In reply to 41687.11 
In L4D1 that's true, the pistols were great. In L4D2 the pistols are *literally fucking useless*.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.17 In reply to 41687.15 
(bounce) Ace, I'll try and get *some* practice in this week.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.18 In reply to 41687.13 
I've played through DI & DIR a couple of times with each character. I found they're different enough to keep it interesting. I now have DIR with a character maxed out with all the best weapons so I can just go through the maps slaughtering zombies and accumulating cash (I usually get up to 700-800k before I get drunk and careless and killed). I was getting bored with this though so I picked up the L4D bundle. The games (DI & L4D) are remarkably similar in many aspects, but different enough, I guess. At first I liked how L4D1 was all guns all the time, but I do kind of miss the envenomed katana and other great melee weapons you can 'build' from assorted bits and bobs. Looking forward to L4D2 in March!

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.19 In reply to 41687.18 
Why you waiting til March for L4D2? I definitely have L4D and I think I have 2 too. I've hardly played either and only with boys a couple of times. I'd like to have a proper go with some real people sometime.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
41687.20 In reply to 41687.19 
My ISP's got a data cap of 25G/mo. I don't mind waiting another couple weeks. Yeah I'd be up for some coop play at some point.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  …  141–144

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats