War & PoliticsDump Trump

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Fixerman - I see the same exact thing that you are talking about on the forum here in CA.  People claim to be open minded, but really just want to convince you that they are right and their logic is more sound than yours.

Politics are not science or mathematics with real proofs, they are either:
- Personal opinion based on their own viewpoint and experiences
- Taking a position because you are paid to take that viewpoint

For the most part, arguing about politics is not that useful because hardly anyone changes their mind.  It is only slightly more useful than arguing about religion.

It is unfortunate though that it is difficult to post "political opinions" on this forum without being attacked in a personal way.

I can imagine that it is difficult for a people in a country with a monarchy and parliament approach to governance to understand the US system.  (nor the reverse) It is unlikely that they can really grasp which portions of what politicians "say" are likely to happen, vs just "ideas".  

Unlike some political systems, there is so much inertia built into the US system that no one person can really have all that much effect.  It is this inertia that pretty much allows anyone who can make it to an office and not mess things up too much during their tenure.

Obviously I have my own viewpoints, but I think many people are over reacting to what would happen if Trump were President.  In spite of the media fear mongering, the relationships with the UK and most countries would be quite good.

The only country that will potentially take a hit will be China, and that is their own fault for being reckless and being run like a mafia.

+2/2
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  …  161–180  181–200  201–207

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats