War & PoliticsDump Trump

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41641.161 In reply to 41641.150 
Quote: 
he handed US foreign policy on a silver platter to Dick Cheney, probably because 9-11 scared the hell out of him and he just couldn't face it.

I'd like to see the facts behind that statement.

Quote: 
Sanders and Trump have both traded on widespread disaffection in the American hinterland first manifested by the tea party, the sense that the 'social contract', such as it was, has been abandoned and the middle class (now have-nots) with it. There's a lot of economic misery and fear afoot. Dangerous times.

You think "widespread disaffection is limited to the "American hinterland", given that "There's a lot of economic misery and fear afoot"? You think that is limited to the middle class and rural areas? Please explain. How is there disaffection in one place yet misery and fear - lots? Aren't they both country-wide?

Trump has WAY more than Hillary's propensity to play the femme card, anyone has - he just hasn't used any of it yet. Clinton IS the war on women, but there is so much more negative to her, defeating her should be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Jason Fuller:

Quote: 
Few can deny her experience in government or her credentials.
*(Actually, I can. What did she actually accomplish, other than eliminating four Americans in a foreign country?)

But what do credentials matter when you are lacking in judgement? Credentials are fine, but credentials do not illustrate a person’s behavior, attitude, or ability to perform. Sanders is right to question Hillary Clinton’s judgement on critical issues. Her previous votes to support expanded US involvement in the Middle East, as well as her strong financial ties to corrupt banks and corporations, clearly demonstrate that she does not have the integrity or decision-making capability we need in a truly strong Commander-in-Chief. Hillary Clinton is unable to make good decisions the first time; she even at one time supported Donald Trump’s border wall before adopting her currently more moderate tone on immigration policy. And while it’s certainly progress that she has seemingly “evolved” on so many issues over the years, the President of the United States often has just ONE chance to make the right decision on critical issues of national and economic security. Do we really want to elect someone who has proven time and time again that she does not have the capacity to do this?

*My comment

Did you ever see such a messed up situation in your whole life, son?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Harry (HARRYN)     
41641.162 In reply to 41641.159 
So, you're not an addict, you can quit anytime you want to.

Is that your position?
Roland Skollani was sick of Pittsburgh. This city was the dead-end of his failed dreams and even dope didn’t help his choking fits no more. It had been a mistake to leave Hollywood and to follow Rita. Maybe it was a twist of fate, that there were only a few days left to leave his ex-wife’s house. Now he MUST act. Rita had a new lover and he didn’t mind, but why of all people did she choose this greedy, corrupt cop Lennon?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Harry (HARRYN)     
41641.163 In reply to 41641.151 
Quote: 
It is useful to think about how voters feel vs how party insiders and billionaire funders feel about US political positions.

Harry, where is your source on the above? Are you the party insider or the billionaire funder?

Quote: 
Personally, I think she will be very effective if elected, because she is so well connected.

Well-connected didn't seem to serve her well as SOS. How will it translate to a higher position? Tell me: What did she accomplish as SOS that makes her more qualified than anyone else to be POTUS? What world leader will listen to her based on her accomplishments?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Here's one canuckian pundit who thinks Trump could win general election:
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/04/28/its-now-clinton-versus-trump-and-trump-could-win-walkom.html
Roland Skollani was sick of Pittsburgh. This city was the dead-end of his failed dreams and even dope didn’t help his choking fits no more. It had been a mistake to leave Hollywood and to follow Rita. Maybe it was a twist of fate, that there were only a few days left to leave his ex-wife’s house. Now he MUST act. Rita had a new lover and he didn’t mind, but why of all people did she choose this greedy, corrupt cop Lennon?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41641.165 In reply to 41641.164 
Trump is, quite frankly, a bloviating buffoon. But is he saying anything different from obama, or clintoon - perhaps what she wants to say, even? Well, except for the femme card bit, but even the most staunch Democrat would have to truthfully admit she plays the femme card, a lot.

It is too soon to say anything is in the can, except for American politics. I'd like to see our campaigns not start two years in advance; 90 days should be enough for anybody to get a political platform out and for the voters (Electoral College) to decide the outcome.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  fixrman     
41641.166 In reply to 41641.165 
"But is he saying anything different from obama, or clintoon"

They never said the kind of scary things he's saying, and I very much doubt Hillary would even think, let alone say. I don't like Hillary, but I like Trump and for that matter Cruz a whole lot less.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

41641.167 In reply to 41641.166 
obamacare isn't scary? "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor; if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance" - that wasn't scary? He's a liar. For that matter, Hillary Clinton is a liar. You don't find her keeping classified Emails scary, and the fact she lied about it? You don't find the fact that she refused to protect "her good friend" in Benghazi scary, and that she lied about it?

I think some things are true: You don't understand what the word "scary" means, or scary is radically different to you than what many other people think; you support left-leaning politics in all forms no matter what, or possibly don't really pay much attention to what political candidates say unless it it differs from what you want to hear.

Didn't you lot in Canada recently vote for a political outsider, a non-connected, unproven guy?

-1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

41641.168 In reply to 41641.167 
Quote: 
obamacare isn't scary?

No.

Quote: 
"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor; if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance" - that wasn't scary?

No.

Obamacare didn't go nearly far enough, but it's a vast improvement over the rapidly deteriorating 'status quo'. So you and people like you already had health insurance and access to health care. Bully for you. Millions of Americans who didn't now do. That's the whole point of Obamacare. Got a better idea? Let's hear it.

Quote: 
You don't find her keeping classified Emails scary

No. Keeping emails 'off the record' has become standard m-o for politicians everywhere who dislike accountability. That would be all politicians, everywhere. Doesn't make it right, doesn't make Hillary the scapegoat, either.

Remember Snowden? All your classified shit's public knowledge anyway.

Stop doing crazy stupid stuff in secret and think nobody will ever find out, is all the advice I can provide.

Quote: 
You don't find the fact that she refused to protect "her good friend" in Benghazi scary

She didn't refuse to protect anybody. Hindsight is 20 20.

Overthrowing Ghadaffi was a castrophic mistake. The drone war is an ongoing, catastophic mistake. Failing to close Gitmo is an ongoing, catastrophic mistake. Hello ISIS!

Anyone with a lick of sense can see that, and all Americans have paid and will continue to pay a heavy, heavy price for it. Not to mention a lot of folks around the world, but clearly they don't count (and you can call that the mother of all mistakes).

Putting Trump in the White House would be a mistake on a whole other level of magnitude.

+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

41641.169 In reply to 41641.168 
Quote: 
Obamacare didn't go nearly far enough, but it's a vast improvement over the rapidly deteriorating 'status quo'.

It is failing miserably, more so every couple of months. Paying attention to the insurance companies pulling out, watching premiums rise? But I get it. You want the government teat.

Quote: 
So you and people like you already had health insurance and access to health care. Bully for you.

Up yours, asswipe. I paid for healthcare out of my own pocket because my employer didn't offer it. The millions of people who didn't have heathcare didn't want it. They also didn't want jobs, preferring to suck the government teat. I paid for healthcare for me and my son because that is what a responsible parent does. A responsible parent also gets a job and works. A responsible parent finds a way. The percentage of people who didn't have insurance before does not match up with the people who signed up, nor does it coincide with the people still paying. A large percentage never paid the first premium, or they only paid one premium - or their plan was canceled. You are a fool if you think obamacare was about insurance, or was anything other than trying to stimulate buying through forced taxation. How naive.

You on obamacare, by the way, since you know how good it is and all?

Quote: 
She didn't refuse to protect anybody.

People who really know will not agree at all with your statement. Some of 'em write for the Daily Mail.  ;)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41641.170 In reply to 41641.169 
>>The percentage of people who didn't have insurance before does not match up with the people who signed up, nor does it coincide with the people still paying. A large percentage never paid the first premium, or they only paid one premium - or their plan was canceled.

Got any sources to back those claims up? Genuinely interested.

▪                    
             ┌────┐    ┌────┐                      
          │    │    │    │ ▪                    
          │    └────┘    │                      
          │   ──┐  ┌──   │ ▪                    
   ┌──────┤    ▪    ▪    │                      
  ┌┘      │              │ ▪                    
┌─┤       └──┐  │  │  ┌──┘                      
│ │          │ ││  ││ │   ┌─┐                   
│ │          └─┼┤  └┴─┴───┘ │                   
│ │           ─┘│           │                   
│ │   ┌──────┐  └┬──────────┘                   
  │   │      │   │                              
  │   │      │   │                              
  └───┘      └───┘                              
If Feds call you and say something bad on me, it may prove what I said are truth, they are afraid of it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix      
41641.171 In reply to 41641.170 
There are lots. I actually have a problem with the statistics and sources though, because they are so many ways the data have been compiled it makes for quite a confusing read. I went through several sources to try to find good, raw data for ACA enrollment viability; the temptation for many is to write a search string such as, "obamacare sucks and here's why", but that is only confirmation bias. Finding a reliable source for information is tough, so I will leave it to you to find a source.

About the best I could find is this: Prior to obamacare, there were some 43 million (an argued number) uninsured, for a variety of reasons. After forcing people to buy insurance - and here is where it gets tough: somewhere between 9 million and 16 million people bought insurance. Or tried to. Or signed up. Or they signed up and paid for one month. Or they signed up and promised to pay and never did. Sigh.

Others, like me, had their policy canceled because it was ACA non-compliant. Some of those bought insurance for one month or longer, or took the penalty and didn't buy insurance. It is a difficult slog to figure out what the numbers are because there are so many variables. Incidentally, one of the reasons my policy was canceled (covering me and my son) was because it did not cover maternity care, for two males. The policy was 2.35 times more expensive than my previous policy, had a $12,000.00 deductible and less coverage.

Anyway, guessing at the end result is a challenge. It appears to me that of the 43 million uninsured ( a number given to help "sell" obamacare), perhaps 6% obtained and kept insurance - but even that is a disputed number.

All I can say is, according to people who have obamacare and use it, it is a mixed bag. Maybe half say it works, the other half say the coverage sucks. I do a lot of medical transport, so I hear a lot of comments. Most of my clients are on fixed or limited incomes. There are a number of insurance companies who have already canceled their coverage and no longer sell ACA insurance because it was not profitable for them. Next up: Insurance company bailout.

-1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

41641.172 In reply to 41641.171 
Insurance and hmo lobbyists, corrupt congress and chump citizens what vote for 'em, and Republican obstructionists get to own this sorry mess.

Me, I'm on the Gold Standard, thanks for axing.

Good luck!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41641.173 In reply to 41641.172 
Quote: 
Insurance and hmo lobbyists, corrupt congress and chump citizens what vote for 'em, and Republican obstructionists get to own this sorry mess.

And everything is just peachy-keen in the Land of The Great White North. All Lovey-Dovey up there, what with your rising unemployment and immigration putting the squeeze on health and other services.

Ain't life grand when the gummint provides free shit (especially for immigrants)? But then, the Libs will have many more voters available to continue voting for free shit.  ;)

Was a time when immigrants came here, they worked hard, raised their families, started businesses... earned their way. Now they come over and hold their hands out to Democrats in exchange for votes.  (fail)

-1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

41641.174 In reply to 41641.172 
Don't bother Smiffy, 'e's not werf it. Like arguing with a brick.  A bigoted brick.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

+3/3
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
41641.175 In reply to 41641.174 
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/donald-trump-proves-racial-nationalism-is-alive-and-well/article29805755/
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
41641.176 In reply to 41641.174 
Et tu, Brute?

This discourse serves to say that no matter what political system one lives under, one becomes inured to it. Those who are free cannot understand those who are repressed, those who have become accustomed to being taxed into oblivion cannot understand those who question taxation. Or giving up rights.

It is important to note that as far as bricks and bigots go, you two would do well to look in the mirror; that is, if you can get your asses and noses lowered.

-1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

41641.177 In reply to 41641.173 
Medicare is under pressure here, as it is in most industrialized northern countries, not least because we did not have enough immigration.

I'll leave you work out the math on that.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41641.178 In reply to 41641.176 
Name one thing that Steve or Dan have said which is bigoted...
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dave!!     fixrman     
41641.179 In reply to 41641.178 
And name one time that Manthorp has had his ass in the air...

Oh.

Yep.

(manthorp)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dave!!     
41641.180 In reply to 41641.178 
They're bigoted against bigots?

:O)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  121–140  141–160  161–180  181–200  201–207

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats