War & Politics"Revenge" in Leytonstone

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  fixrman      
41640.37 In reply to 41640.35 
We have a glut of deer in the Highlands. Land owners take as much as they can realistically use/sell, but there's still too many according to some (mainly complaining about the destruction they cause to forestry and their tendency to jump in front of cars).

Some idiots are even campaigning to reintroduce a top level predator like the wolf to keep them under control.

▪                    
             ┌────┐    ┌────┐                      
          │    │    │    │ ▪                    
          │    └────┘    │                      
          │   ──┐  ┌──   │ ▪                    
   ┌──────┤    ▪    ▪    │                      
  ┌┘      │              │ ▪                    
┌─┤       └──┐  │  │  ┌──┘                      
│ │          │ ││  ││ │   ┌─┐                   
│ │          └─┼┤  └┴─┴───┘ │                   
│ │           ─┘│           │                   
│ │   ┌──────┐  └┬──────────┘                   
  │   │      │   │                              
  │   │      │   │                              
  └───┘      └───┘                              
If Feds call you and say something bad on me, it may prove what I said are truth, they are afraid of it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
41640.38 In reply to 41640.37 
Wolves!? I'm sure they'll be happy when they venture into the cities like the foxes do.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
41640.39 In reply to 41640.38 
We'll need a higher level predator to take care of the wolves. Before long we'll have dinosaurs, so I'm all for it.

▪                    
             ┌────┐    ┌────┐                      
          │    │    │    │ ▪                    
          │    └────┘    │                      
          │   ──┐  ┌──   │ ▪                    
   ┌──────┤    ▪    ▪    │                      
  │   │      │   │                              
  │   │      │   │                              
  └───┘      └───┘                              
If Feds call you and say something bad on me, it may prove what I said are truth, they are afraid of it.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41640.40 In reply to 41640.39 
Two words:

shark

nado

----
Hippie beards yes. Hipster beards no.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
If anyone's interested, there is an actual campaign for this. Weirdos.

http://www.wolvesandhumans.org/wolves/is_time_right_for_wolf_reintroduction.htm

▪                    
             ┌────┐    ┌────┐                      
          │    │    │    │ ▪                    
          │    └────┘    │                      
          │   ──┐  ┌──   │ ▪                    
   ┌──────┤    ▪    ▪    │                      
  │   │      │   │                              
  │   │      │   │                              
  └───┘      └───┘                              
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41640.42 In reply to 41640.41 

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41640.43 In reply to 41640.42 
Why's his nipple bleeding, did he run a marathon in the wrong sort of t-shirt?

▪                    
             ┌────┐    ┌────┐                      
          │    │    │    │ ▪                    
          │    └────┘    │                      
          │   ──┐  ┌──   │ ▪                    
   ┌──────┤    ▪    ▪    │                      
  │   │      │   │                              
  │   │      │   │                              
  └───┘      └───┘                              
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41640.44 In reply to 41640.43 
I don't think it's his/her/its blood.

Werewolves are mythical. Unfortunately, gun-crazed Americans aren't. And now...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/business/media/guntv-plans-24-hour-sales.html?_r=0

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41640.45 In reply to 41640.29 
quote: fixrman
Quote: 
I mean do you really think that hanguns and assault rifles are going to help you if the government becomes tyrannical? Given that they have, y'know, aircraft carriers, assault helicopters, drones, guided missiles and nukes?

Sure beats the snot out of fighting them with a fountain pen and some papyrus over a cup of tea...

I don't believe you would ever use your guns to fight your government

From what I have seen, most USians seem to be trained from an early age to do exactly what any Police officer tells them, I cannot imagine you refusing to comply - and even more so should we talking about State or Federal level Officers. 

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41640.46 In reply to 41640.37 
Quote: 
Land owners take as much as they can realistically use/sell, but there's still too many according to some (mainly complaining about the destruction they cause to forestry and their tendency to jump in front of cars).

We are limited here with the number of deer we can harvest, although I suppose a private landowner would be allowed to protect property from damage.

The tree-huggers here generally complain loud and long at the killing of Bambi, but you don't hear much from them when somebody hits one that runs in front of a car. I suppose that might be OK in the whole Circle of Life™ thingy. What they tend to forget is, too many deer competing for too little food results in death anyway. Since we continue building open spaces at a rampant rate, the deer have no choice but to move, generally in an undesirable (for man) new location. The fact that they refuse to use Common Sense Birth Control means the horney horns reproduce with reckless abandon during the ruts. After a couple of weeks, they are introduced forcefully to an automobile.

Did you ever see such a messed up situation in your whole life, son?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
41640.47 In reply to 41640.45 
Quote: 

I don't believe you would ever use your guns to fight your government.

That's where you would be wrong. We did it back in 1776, for starters - and we won. I think it was also done again in 1861 if I recall correctly.

Quote: 
From what I have seen, most USians seem to be trained from an early age to do exactly what any Police officer tells them, I cannot imagine you refusing to comply - and even more so should we talking about State or Federal level Officers. 

What show are you watching? If this is the case, why are the police shooting so many non-compliant people? I'd suggest to you that you don't know "most USians"; I'd suggest to you that, given events going back to the 60s, that you are incorrect in your assumption that we do "exactly what a police officer tells" us. Police departments across the nation are now viewed with a measure of suspicion due to many examples - especially recently - of undue force and violence being used. More people today are challenging the police in a nonviolent way because they have informed themselves about what the police can and cannot do.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41640.48 In reply to 41640.47 
I wasn't talking about historical events, can you seriously imagine standing up to your current government tomorrow?

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41640.49 In reply to 41640.48 
I might have a bit of a job alone, but...

It would be my fervent hope that, in the event of strange things happening, at least some folks [within the government/military] would have enough sense about them to not allow deterioration of government/people relations to the point where there had to be armed conflict between the two sides to settle the differences. 

I suspect though, given historical events, if push came to shove, Americans would do what they had to in order to ensure freedom - even though we are generally much more fat and soft than we have ever been.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 41640.50 deleted 11 Dec 2015 03:05 by X3N0PH0N

41640.51 In reply to 41640.45 
Quote: 
From what I have seen, most USians seem to be trained from an early age to do exactly what any Police officer tells them

Because they're at risk of being shot if they don't.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 41640.52 deleted 2 Jan 2016 18:16 by DSMITHHFX

To:  af (CAER)     
41640.53 In reply to 41640.51 
pretty much what I was pointing out, they never resist at all so being armed so's they can fight against the government is just bullshit

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Jon, you are right that the majority of Americans that own guns don't have any interest at all in using them in a violent way.  For many, shooting at targets is a sport, not so different than golfing, which is one of the reasons that it is not always clear why the reaction of people who are against the rights of the individual are so intense.

Even if every man, woman, child, police officer, and national guardsman in CA tried to take on the US Army, the whole thing would be over in less than 1 week.  If it took longer, it would only be because they were trying to spare people's lives.

While the idea that the People might have to take the responsibility of taking on the US government by force, hardly anyone would want to do this, in spite of its imperfections.  The preferred approach, when possible, is elections, or public shaming.  That is why freedom of speech, and not allowing the "creeping in" of "some things cannot be talked about.  Talking helps avoid problems.

Americans are much more likely to take up arms in DEFENSE of the US, not against it, and in that role, they could be quite effective.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41640.55 In reply to 41640.37 
quote: koswix
We have a glut of deer in the Highlands. Land owners take as much as they can realistically use/sell, but there's still too many according to some (mainly complaining about the destruction they cause to forestry and their tendency to jump in front of cars).

Some idiots are even campaigning to reintroduce a top level predator like the wolf to keep them under control.

They introduced wolves into the state of Montana.  in just a few years, they wiped out everything, bison, deer, etc.  They have even chased the bears out.  It used to be that you could regularly see wild animals, now it is just barren.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Harry (HARRYN)     
41640.56 In reply to 41640.54 
Quote: 
Even if every man, woman, child, police officer, and national guardsman in CA tried to take on the US Army, the whole thing would be over in less than 1 week.  If it took longer, it would only be because they were trying to spare people's lives.

The poor Army! Then all we would have is the Navy, Air Force and Marines! Ruins the commercial...  :-P

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–40  41–56

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats