Hardware10.1" netbook/laptop me do

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
A few years ago we bought a netbook with an atom processor.  That thing was so indescribably slow, we eventually tossed it (and my wife is very frugal).

If you have not purchased one yet, I would make sure to get at least as much processing power as a decent cell phone, keeping in mind that they have the equivalent of an SSD.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Based on my experience (and needs), I'd prefer a tablet with a separate usb keyboard, mouse, usb hub and OTG connector. The tablet alone covers 99% of my needs away from a desktop pc, except when I'm on vacation when I need a BYOD with a keyboard and mouse (it's actually a cut-down keyboard, such as you might see on a netbook). Advantages: cost (kb, m, otg & a very small powered hub cost me ~$5 each bought separately), portability (tablet only). Disadvantages: portability (though the whole ensemble may weigh less than a laptop/netbook, it's kind of a handful to juggle, can't really use it on your lap, needs power outlet as the kb+m are a ferocious battery drain). You can buy tablet cases with kb bundled, making the package a bit more convenient (and a lot more expensive). I don't know if I'd go for >7-8" tablet, depends on use case I guess. My nexus 7 classic is slow  :-@ but still usable  :-S .

----
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–7

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats