Games (inc Online)Some games I like currently

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
1. Rocket League. Or "Little baby kicky cars".

This game is sheer fun. It causes joy, as Sean Plott demonstrates here.

The controls are super-tight and driving the cars is just satisfying. It's immediately fun as you drive around, matched with other noobs, scrambling for the ball and just trying to hit anything. But it's also one of the most skill-based games I've ever played and if you get good enough you can do stuff like this.

It's the best football game I've ever played.

The bit we all care about: The devs have said that they will port it to Linux but it's not on Linux yet. But it's ok! It runs flawlessly in Wine! Yay!

2. Caves of Qud.

It's a post-apocalyptic roguelike with deep narrative and cool emergent systems.

An enemy man threw a weird artefact at me which exploded and set me on fire. I ran up to him and killed him, luckily managing to crit him which meant his blood went everywhere. I was on fire and nearly dead though. I took out one of my empty canteens and scooped up as much of his blood as I could get my hands on, then I poured the blood over myself which put the fire out. Surviving for another day.

S'good.

3. Shadow of Mordor.

Just got ported to Linux so I've been playing it a bit. It seems to be about killing Orcs/Uruks. I'm not sure what else it's about because I get distracted by killing Orcs. It's quite fun.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Lucy (X3N0PH0N)     
41546.2 In reply to 41546.1 
I've been playing nothing but Elite: Dangerous and Prison Architect on my PC, and 8 Ball Pool on my phone.

I did quite fancy a knock around in Quake 4 the other day, then realised my new lappy has no DVD drive.

You know what he said? Ah need 'bout tree-fiddy.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Queeg 500 (JESUSONEEZ)     
41546.3 In reply to 41546.2 
You still install games from DVD?

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
41546.4 In reply to 41546.3 
My old ones, yes. I'm not paying for them again just to get them on Steam or something similar...unless I can transfer the licence or something. Never thought about that...

You know what he said? Ah need 'bout tree-fiddy.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Queeg 500 (JESUSONEEZ)     
41546.5 In reply to 41546.4 
Some of them you can. Depends on the publisher and whether Steam recognises the key.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41546.6 In reply to 41546.1 
I'm rather enjoying the remake of Flashback, its the same game with the same controls but pretty. I have managed to play for a whole 30 mins so far. That is the extent on my gaming in the last 3 months :| Bloody babies.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX)     
41546.7 In reply to 41546.6 
Flashback remake? Where do I get that? It definitely used to be one of my favouritest games ever but never got too far playing it again on emulators.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
41546.8 In reply to 41546.7 
The remake couldn't eclipse the original though. Irene Cara, those leg warmers, What A Feeling indeed

truffy.gifbastard by name
bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
41546.9 In reply to 41546.8 
(fail)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41546.10 In reply to 41546.9 
http://youtu.be/Ocvu-Mn3IAo

truffy.gifbastard by name
bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41546.11 In reply to 41546.1 
I love playing rocket league with the kids on the PS4. I have to carry them because they suck but they get super excited when they manage to score.

On the PC i have been playing World of Tanks for a while now.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matty (EVSTAR)     
41546.12 In reply to 41546.11 
WoT looks like an awesome game. Must give it a whirl sometime.

----
"Mrs. Willette Rancifer wants MEET YOU" – email from F$ckbuddy Bang
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41546.13 In reply to 41546.12 
The makers of world of tanks just released world of warships which is good fun also. World of planes was not so hot

If you do start WOT make sure you create an account with a invite code. It will give you some freemium goodies.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
41546.14 In reply to 41546.7 
It's in Steam for a massive £7.99 it's very good imo.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41546.15 In reply to 41546.1 
Anno 2070 - great fun so far, but it steals YEARS of your life. I only sat down to play for an hour, next thing I knew it was no longer the 90s, I ended up back to the future :(
[...Insert Brain Here...]
+2/2
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–15

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats