SoftwareHands up if you're stupid...

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Lucy (X3N0PH0N)     
41543.110 In reply to 41543.47 
NT4 was great. No, seriously, no blue text or anything. Then they gradually added a plethora of features and STUFF which, while useful and welcome in various circumstances, just made Windows Server more and more of a thickly woven jungle.

And therein lies my problem with Windows, especially the Server versions - it's become very feature rich, increasingly easy to use and maintain, however it just doesn't seem to do modular or (if you're particularly unlucky) will break in such an obscure way that you'll end up wanting to perform an exorcism.

I also get really annoyed at how things install - they spread tentacles into EVERYTHING which makes it pretty much impossible to figure stuff out. I get that on the other hand they're trying to make it piss easy to maintain, but it's not working.

Edit: having said all that, I've had relatively very few issues with 8.1, I actually like it, but I won't be touching 10 for a while. I'm quite keen on the whole Continuum idea though.
[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  …  61–80  81–100  101–110

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats