SoftwareGood or bad supplier question

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Just been asked by one of our suppliers to fulfil a few their professional engagements in EMEA, initial reaction was yay they trust me enough to complete their direct sales projects for them, second reaction was where is their staff, hmm he's leaving ..,
third reaction is am I getting the shit jobs,
What do you think, should I charge through the nose just in case, not touch it or charge usual rate and accept what comes
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mizzy     
41523.2 In reply to 41523.1 
Sounds like you might want at least a chunk of the money up front. Otherwise, hard to say with so few details I think. Do you want and need the work or will you probably hate it?
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
41523.3 In reply to 41523.2 
Yeah detail light sorry, much more detail and you'll know the company :-)
Some 1st contact technical demos and POC Crypto work + installs I think a retainer is in order for the Poc and demos, suppose should we up the daily rate at bit for the installs, does that sound sensible ? I've had terrible issue with suppliers not properly qualifying the deployment environment.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41523.4 In reply to 41523.3 
I can't really say, my area's more in the sports arena! Charge what you can get away with seems a good maxim when companies have money + need you badly. As far as installs go if you have a daily rate already then cool, if it takes longer due to their error then you charge more because of that already. 
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
41523.5 In reply to 41523.4 
Turns out it might involve 6months secondment overseas nipped that one right in the bud, I'm not spending six months living out of a suitcase in Germany I'm married and want to stay that way ...
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

41523.6 In reply to 41523.5 
I wonder why they suddenly don't have someone to cover that job!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
41523.7 In reply to 41523.6 
He put his notice in and was put on gardening leave immediately, but there are others in different territories so I'm left wondering why and whether I am being set up for a job offer with the supplier I don't want
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41523.8 In reply to 41523.6 
I am in fact not quite clear on what's going on, I did think they wanted me to Step in until the replacement could get up to speed, but the the boss dropped the 6month thing on me and I don't know any more "shrug" bit strange.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41523.9 In reply to 41523.8 
Too big a job for a new untrusted recruit maybe?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41523.10 In reply to 41523.9 
They appear to have sacked everybody in the U.K. For being a bit useless, new engineers start on Monday but have 2months of training in front of them, I'm really really busy resolving the old lots "ahem" challenges. :-)
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–10

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats