Games (inc Online)GTA V

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
For some reason, despite never really getting into a GTA game all the other times I tried, I have got GTA V. I did some shenanigans with a Hola extension and Nuuvem.com.br to get it for about £20 (Rockstar Social Club key, not Steam which would be more expensive and still need the R*SC thing). It looks really impressive from the trailer - http://videos.rockst..._us-1080p60.mp4 and I've a fancy PC to be stretching.

Anyway. 60 fucking gigabytes of a download done, it actually unlocks for play on the 14th or something. Anyone else getting it? Apparently we can do fun online things.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
41455.2 In reply to 41455.1 
No interest really. The GTA games have just diverged so far from what I enjoyed about them. I liked them as sandboxes where I set my goals (my goal was usually: jump over stuff on a motorbike) and the missions were a mildly amusing mechanism for unlocking new bits of the map.

Recently they've tried to make the missions 'better' and turn it into a more narrative-led experience which for me completely misses the point. GTAIV was fucking tedious.

I know you can still just dick around and do your own thing but you're constantly being nagged to do some boring shit and interact with all these mini-games and superfluous systems they've bloated it all up with.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Lucy (X3N0PH0N)     
41455.3 In reply to 41455.2 
I went off GTA when it became 3D/first/third person.

I'm probably in the minority with that view but I loved the top down games.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41455.4 In reply to 41455.2 
Did you play the Ballad of Gay Tony? I enjoyed that a lot more than the GTAIV game proper. And there was that automatic shotgun that could deform cars in 1-2 hits - that was great fun.

I still fire that up from time to time to have blast around the city (now I've completed it), and play a game of cops and robbers where I'll try and escape the highest wanted level.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
41455.5 In reply to 41455.3 
I think I got them in a GTA blow out sale they had on Steam - all the games up to GTAIV (including DLC) for a fiver. I've never given them much thought and had all but forgotten about them. I've seen videos of them, but wasn't too impressed. Not wanting to judge a book by its cover n'all that, I might fire one up tonight.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41455.6 In reply to 41455.4 
I did. It was good in the sense that it was well written and acted and that. But... that's not what I want from a GTA game. If I want a narrative experience other games do that way better. And its presence dilutes/distracts from what I liked about GTA.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41455.7 In reply to 41455.2 
Well, that's where I've been at hence hardly bothering with the last few. But still, here I am. Hey, multiplayer should still be all that fun stuff, right?
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41455.8 In reply to 41455.7 
Not if nobody wants to play with you (nj)

truffy.gifbastard by name
bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
41455.9 In reply to 41455.8 
It's OK, I never really actually get online to play anyway so that'd be for the best :'(
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41455.10 In reply to 41455.9 
Between networking problems and jerks I've never got much from online games. I did like Tribes online though.

----
"Apple Pay accepted at up to 100,000 Coca-Cola machines"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I really like the premise of this one, even though the graphics look pretty retro-sucky:

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41455.12 In reply to 41455.10 
We used to have fantastic games of IL-2. And Vroom (Flatout 2).
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41455.13 In reply to 41455.12 
Vroom was great.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I miss Vroom.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41455.15 In reply to 41455.11 
I watched that video and, as a nigger, I find it offensive that I'm expected to play the role as some goddam fuckin' honkey! :@

truffy.gifbastard by name
bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
41455.16 In reply to 41455.15 
I made it to the DI prison! Yeah me!

(dance)

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
41455.17 In reply to 41455.3 
Nope, not alone. My favourites were the first and second ones. I hated the third and never bothered with the rest.

You know what he said? Ah need 'bout tree-fiddy.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41455.18 In reply to 41455.1 
I jumped on it straight away and sold my Xbox copy as I only played it twice. Its brilliant and beautiful and I can't stop the fun. Managed to get a gang of mates playing last night, the races are a lot of fun and the Team deathmatch are just manic. There are a lot of weird network problems going on at the moment though which did spoil a few jobs.
This is what we as a group have always wanted, a place in GTA world to hang out and do stupid stuff. together.

I am going as wattsy if you want to add me. 

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX)     
41455.19 In reply to 41455.18 
just "wattsy"? there's quite a few on there, want to make sure I get the right one!

I'm "milk-oh".
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41455.20 In reply to 41455.19 
Someone already had milko?!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats