Games (inc Online)Steam sale

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  graphitone     
41421.61 In reply to 41421.60 
Good games are hard to find!

Last night I found that the "burst" rifle (m16, only fires 3-round bursts, no single shot or full-auto) is hella good for killing witches at close range.

This game is deep.
“Police Got A Tip About A Dead Horse On A Farm. But When They Arrived, What They Found Was Far Worse”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Latest DIR achievements (not to be confused with 'official' Steam DIR achievements):

- Got another gold auto rifle and modded it with detox rifle mod, giving poisoned bullets. Highly effective against even the hardest bosses, and great for spraying hordes, because it stuns the shit out of any not killed instantly (I already have a gold rifle modded with pride mod, making it gay, obviously).

- Last night I rounded $3.6M after (perhaps unwisely) cashing out a gigantic blade horde (lost count, probably in the 30-40 range) to the blade-buying character holed up in a jungle hidey-hole who pays $2100 each.

- Bonus: I picked up the hitherto unknown (to me) Gold Revolver. I was hoping to mod this with the detox gun mod for the poisoned bullets but alas, this weapon isn't moddable by any of my mods (and pretty sure I've got 'em all). The detox gun mod only works on "pistols" which apparently in the DIR universe excludes "revolvers"  :-(( Still, I have to say it is plenty deadly when aimed for headshots can take out floaters with two shots, regular zombies with one, and thugs with four. It is easier to aim than the (semi-auto) "pistols", though it is 6-shots vs. 16, and a tad slower to reload. Great gun noise too.
“Professional disagreement over how photos of galaxies are interpreted escalates into bullying & harassment”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
41421.63 In reply to 41421.62 
Is the gold standard the best of all the weapon categories?

In DIR, is that diamond crafting thing still in place, I never got to grips with that in the first game.

I haven't played Riptide much, I think I've only just got off the boat you're ensconced upon right at the beginning. :C
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41421.64 In reply to 41421.63 
Weapons are graded from weakest (& most common) to best (rare) by the color of the label: white-blue-green-violet-gold (or "orange"). I don't think there's "diamond crafting" in DIR, could be wrong.
“Professional disagreement over how photos of galaxies are interpreted escalates into bullying & harassment”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Finally broke the $4-million mark. I'm getting better at backing out of me getting beat down situations and taking a shot of health before picking a better weapon to finish the thing. I've pared down my walking around kit so I have more empty slots to pick up and (generally) sell weapons found in treasure chests and off dead monsters. When I get bored with my kit selection I swap in a new one. Wish there some dlc for this though. Actually I've got some user-made dlc of questionable provenance, if I get bored enuf I might try some out.
French shoppers brawl over cut-price Nutella
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Tested out DIR in my new rig, all super-detailed at 1080p, smooth and buttery with realistic explosions, fires and blood sprays. It's like a whole new game (and I won't be bothering with the 'remastered' versions). Oh wait, for whatever reason it picked up exactly where I left off. I guess that's a Steam feature? I wondered if Steam was gonna kick when I installed the same games to a second pc. Oh yeah, the onboard Realtek ALC887 "high-definition" sound is a tad disappointing compared to my old pci Asus dig-x card, but it could also be the headphones. Must tweak all that and see if it can be improved.
“It is surprisingly easy to sell snake oil”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–40  41–60  61–66

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats