Games (inc Online)Steam sale

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  graphitone     
41421.41 In reply to 41421.40 
"Or is the 90 hours made up of doing every sidequest and checking every nook and cranny for energy drinks?"

There's a 7-second delay to recover everytime you get knocked out. Do the math.

----
"Apple Pay accepted at up to 100,000 Coca-Cola machines"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
41421.42 In reply to 41421.41 
Ok.

90 hours x 60 = 5400 minutes in game.
5400 x 60 = 324000 seconds.

324000 / 7 = 46285 knockdowns.

Not sure what the point is, but if you've been constantly knocked down that many times, you have a commitment to this game I can't relate too.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.43 In reply to 41421.42 
I probably got knocked down a few hundred times. The rest was spent running from, kicking, stomping, bludgeoning, shooting, slashing, hacking, stabbing, incinerating and/or blowing up living dead; fixing, upgrading, building and selecting weapons; listening to assorted characters' monologues; hanging out at the beach catching some rays; recklessly destroying countless vehicles; surfing, girl-watching, eating in restaurants (mostly fish), and waiting at the airport to get through customs.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Oh and I picked up a gamepad (logitech f310), so I'm going to see how that works (supposedly keyboard & mouse are superior for fps, just want to try it out since I used to play original Ghost Recon with a joystick and that definitely worked better than kb+m). Interestingly, to get the gamepad to work on xp, you have to install ms xbox controller drivers: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/Logitech-F310-Windows-XP-32-bit-Service-Pack-3-My-installation/td-p/619074

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.45 In reply to 41421.44 
Quote: 
Interestingly, to get the gamepad to work on xp, you have to install ms xbox controller drivers: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/Logitech-F310-Windows-XP-32-bit-Service-Pack-3-My-installation/td-p/619074

Fixed.

Consider it a service.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.46 In reply to 41421.44 
If you have any trouble with it get an xbox controller (for pc). I LOVE my controller.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.47 In reply to 41421.45 
I find it very interesting, fascinating even. Why, don't you? (drool)

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Linn (INDYLS)     
41421.48 In reply to 41421.46 
The logitech is half as expensive. I decided to try it out because this game seems to require a lot more keyboard interaction what with kicking, picking up stuff, opening doors and such like. Also driving around is a bit hurky-jerky. Thing needs cruise control.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Ooh looky:

http://www.theplaywrite.com/tools-and-utilities/tweak-visual-settings-controls-and-performance-with-dead-island-riptide-helper/

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.50 In reply to 41421.46 
Works great with the logitech after I followed the guide. Now I have to learn a whole new skill. :-&

----
"Spread the word or you basically hate sick children."
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.51 In reply to 41421.50 
I was a console girl before moving on to pc, so controllers are generally more intuitive for me. I always use one when I can. Except, strangely Human Revolution and the like, where I go back and forth, or forget I could use a controller and go to mouse and keyboard automatically. Strange how your brain gets trained on the first use of something (I played the original Deus Ex with m&k) and has a hard time letting go.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.52 In reply to 41421.51 
I'm left handed, but acclimated to using the mouse right-handed years ago. I use a wacom tablet left-handed though (can't really handle the stylus with my right too well).

I can already see where the pad is going to work better for some functions than kb-m, not so well for others (having tried it for all of 10 minutes). Oh, and I see DI-R has a 'southpaw' controller preset, so deffo gonna try that.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.53 In reply to 41421.43 
So now I'm pushing 40-hours into DI Riptide, and I have to say it has turned out to be a far better game than the original (though that may be partly down to familiarity with basic game mechanics, and me doing stuff better). The plot has had quite a few interesting wrinkles, great new scenery, great weapons made better with poison and vastly superior boss battles (which staggered my pc, TBH). It started out as seeming like a retread, but it is really much more than that, it's actually kind of addictive  :-@

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Got me the GOLD katana tonight, and immediately applied the deathstalker mod to it.

I can die happy now!

But before that, I can kill fuckloads of zombies.  %-)
“Of course big stores hate riots … unless they happen on Black Friday”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.55 In reply to 41421.54 
I've played a little of Riptide, I like that you can carry on with your character from the previous game with all stats intact, though as the enemies you encounter seem to always be on a par with your level, it doesn't bring any sense of empowerment.

I got a katana towards the end of the first game, I stuck a hot rod mod on it, that was kinda cool looking. The best weapon I got was a two handed sledgehammer (called hammer of Gabriel or some such) with an electro-shock battery mod and spikes. It exploded grunt zombies and sent some of the bigger ones flying.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.56 In reply to 41421.55 
Yeah the enemies get harder to kill and more dangerous as your "skill" points accumulate. However they both get maxed out which is kind of a bummer.

I used the hotrod mod on a machete, it is kind of cool looking. The "magic wand" mod you described is fabulous, on a gold construction hammer it is really lethal and durable, and can send even thugs flying away and breaking apart on impact. Very good physics on that one. Blade weapons generally have low durability (unless you throw them, which is a bit risky because you can lose them outright) and are expensive to repair, not a good bet if you are goal focused on building a war chest. Mine is fluctuating between $2.5-3m. In a good session I can gain ~$40-50k, and by periodically cashing out diamonds, blades, cans of food, and souvenir photos @ $2k with certain high-paying characters, you get fairly dramatic boost. Each time you get killed, which usually only happens to me when I'm shitfaced drunk, you lose 10%. Such are the economics of zombie-hunting.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.57 In reply to 41421.56 
Did you ever get to grips with some of the secrets in the first game? I found a few of the skull altars, but had no idea what to do with them - apparently there are some coloured skulls around that need placing there and it gives you... things.  :-/ The wikia is a little vague.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.58 In reply to 41421.57 
Racist.

I never even heard of this feature nor do I recall ever having seen any POC skulls. I do remember reading about "Developers No. n Craft" mods, probably on that wiki but never followed up on how to get them.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Just got back above $3-mil after a brutaltastic monster-killing spree: a 'walking carcass' wrestler, 2 witches, a thug and a couple of rams.

How do I get paid in bitcoin?
“It’s amazing to think that the world’s most powerful man managed to press the wrong button”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.60 In reply to 41421.59 
Not sure, but for sticking with a game for as long as you have, you deserve a service medal, some PTSD treatment and a slew of chiropractic appointments after being at a desk for so long.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–60  61–66

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats