Games (inc Online)Steam sale

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Lucy (X3N0PH0N)     
41421.21 In reply to 41421.20 
I thought I'd try dead island, it was worth a punt at the silly price.

I've got the Lego lotr and it's a nicely paced game. Slowly working through it with the elder nipper. :)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
41421.22 In reply to 41421.19 
I'm plodding through the missions on it myself. I'd like to be able to scroll through the available weapons with the mouse wheel though, going into a menu to pick another weapon is a tad cumbersome.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41421.23 In reply to 41421.22 
There's a way to do it. I googled it but haven't bothered to try it, and didn't save the url. While the environments are generally awesome, and some of the missions are better than others, the actual zombie fighting is tedious and repetitive. I don't think the weak damage caused by gunfire is particularly accurate e.g. three clips from the 'dangerous automatic rifle' didn't bring down a 'ram' (big zombie in a straight jacket), so that's kind of disappointing. Anyway, I'm about ready to pack off to the prison.

----
"Apple Pay accepted at up to 100,000 Coca-Cola machines"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.24 In reply to 41421.23 
The fighting is repetitive, but I'm only two hours in, so was hoping it'd get better against the bigger baddies. :/

I find myself resorting to kicking them to pieces to avoid wasting/weakening weapons. There do seem to be a load of pickups though, so maybe I'm being ultra conservative for no reason.

I've just got to the bit where you get to drive about for the first time at the Life Guard station and have to run a few errands for people.

WTF is a prison doing in a coastal resort?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.25 In reply to 41421.24 
The most fun I had in Dead Island was trying to drive up and down these stairs.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.26 In reply to 41421.22 
The game is a great deal more fun playing with someone else. Weapon mods are also fun. Seeing the damage two people can do can be laugh out loud funny. As is driving off the beaten path, as Xen says. :)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Lucy (X3N0PH0N)     
41421.27 In reply to 41421.25 
I did something similar last night, but seemed to get the truck embedded in a palm tree after launching it off a high cliff face. Some sort of replay option would be ace.

Are bandages of any practical use in the game, can you use them to patch yourself up, or are they just a trade commodity?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Linn (INDYLS)     
41421.28 In reply to 41421.26 
I can see how it would be. I was playing last night when some other dude joined my game and he spent 10 minutes trying to shoot me (unsuccessfully, friendly fire doesn't seem to register).  :-S

I'm sure the playing experienced is enhanced when playing with a non-pleb.

In the pack I got there's a DLC weapon mod for a circular saw bolted onto the end of a stick. I'm looking forward to how that turns out.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.29 In reply to 41421.24 
The prison is offshore, you go to it near the end supposedly to get on a helicopter. This is some sort of island nation (or part of). It even has a name which I forgot already. Unlike everything previous where you can travel all over hells half-acre on foot, vehicle or those fast transport map thingies, once you go to the prison there's no going back. The guide needs to stock up some stuff in the city first. I assume that means trailing him around and keeping him alive. The character animations are surprisingly good, though not excellent by hollywood standards.

Kicking is good. After a certain point you can aim at a zombie's head after kicking it to the curb and stomp it. Most satisfying, though you are momentarily vulnerable to being attacked by other zombies. The weapons get better, but the zombies get tougher, faster, and better coordinated. Some even have weapons.

The big bad zombies are actually less interesting, and less dangerous once you learn how to kill them.

Also, you never actually die, you just get knocked out a lot.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.30 In reply to 41421.28 
That's a great weapon, and really good for killing thugs (kind of wasted on anything less). You don't actually need DLC to get one, you can build one quite early in the game from stuff that's lying around.

The key is to keep picking up everything, and repairing and upgrading your weapons as often as possible. Oh yeah, and keep topping up your health, it makes a huge difference in fights.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.31 In reply to 41421.30 
With all the stuff you can collect at once, I'd love to see the size of rucksack required to hold it all.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.32 In reply to 41421.31 
You can actually 'store' stuff, but there's no real benefit except possibly simplifying the list. Engine parts? WTF?

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Are you lot talking about the old Dead Island still, or the new one (Dying Light, I think)? I haven't played either, just curious!
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
41421.34 In reply to 41421.33 
Has the new one even been released?

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.35 In reply to 41421.27 
I honestly can't remember. I played for an evening with a bunch of friends but we'd all had enough after that one sitting.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.36 In reply to 41421.22 
Found this:
Quote: 
Shinta01101Posted 9/7/2011 8:59:57 PM
Options> Controls> Key Bindings> Click on Quick Inventory then either move your mouse wheel UP or Down. You can only choose one way apparently

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.37 In reply to 41421.36 
Ace, will try that out later. Bedtime now!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.38 In reply to 41421.34 
Yeah, can generally be found for your local equivalent of about £20 or so now, so I guess a couple of months at least. Supposed to be good!
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
So I finally finished DI after about 90-hours of play. The ending was kind of disappointing IMO (spoiler alert)
The final 'boss battle' was easier than many of the tougher creaturers already encountered e.g. the RAM, the floaters and even the thugs. In fact the 'boss' was a glorified thug who ran around like one of the maniacal, screaming infected. He didn't even have a weapon. So with loads of ammo you have to just keep spraying him with bullets, getting knocked out, rinse and repeat. After a few such cycles, it finally succumbs, you get on a helicopter and fly off to a ship with your virtual playmates. The end.
Anyway I started into the sequel, DI Riptide. It almost overwhelmed my meagre gpu and ran in slomo until I dialed down all settings, and resolution to 1440x900. Loads more detail and taxing fx. In general apart from a protracted initial shibboard battle, it feels like a polished clone of the original, same characters, same island, same zombies. In fact based on that initial shipboard battle, I was hoping it was going to an all-guns-all-the-time kind of game, which would be really different from slowly building a cache of suitable weapons. But that was not to be...

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41421.40 In reply to 41421.39 
90 hours?! :-O

Is that the level of commitment I've got to put in to completing this game? Damn. Or is the 90 hours made up of doing every sidequest and checking every nook and cranny for energy drinks?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–60  61–66

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats