Games (inc Online)Vroom

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
I've plugged in my 360 for the first time in a long time and had a play of Flatout Ultimate Carnage.

First of all I forgot how loud my 360 was. I also realised I'm now totally shit at Flatout.

Anyway, did Flatout 2 on the PC become impossible to play online? Servers shutdown?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
41340.2 In reply to 41340.1 
Ultimate Carnage is dreadful. But not as bad as Flatout 3.

And yeah, FO2 used gamespy, which died. Can still play online by using Hamachi/Tunngle etc. but that's the only way.

BugBear (FO devs) are now making [Wreckfest](http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/) (aka 'Next Car Game') independently.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)     
41340.3 In reply to 41340.2 
Oops, forgot this isn't reddit.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
41340.4 In reply to 41340.1 
Aaand Wreckfest's pretty good. I've pirated a few of the builds and it's looking nice. Not enough to it yet to justify buying it though I think (also Windows only).

Alternatively, Distance is a lot of fun.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41340.5 In reply to 41340.4 
What's the best multi player racer that's not a micro machines clone? I'd be up for buying something for Teh races or other online places. Some destruction derby action would be ace. Was vroom a game or a nickname for a game?!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
It's a difficult one to answer.

Like for example lots of people like the Grid/Dirt games. They're probably the most popular racing games on PC currently. But I hate them cos they have horrible arcadey physics models and the cars steer from the centres and it just feels wrong.

The beauty of Flatout 2 is that it struck a balance between a *convincing* physics and driving model and *fun*. There are plenty of arcade racers and there are plenty of racing sims but for me they both miss the point. FO2 was like convincingly modelled physics but you raced on the moon.

The best racing sim currently is probably Assetto Corsa. Also of note is Project Cars.

For arcade real-world racing there's really only Dirt and Grid, everything else is even worse.

The most fun I've had in a racing game lately though has been with Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. Which is kinda like Mario Kart but way better. Had enormous fun playing that with friends.

Then of course there's the Trackmanias. Of which I think Canyon is the most fun.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41340.7 In reply to 41340.5 
(And Vroom was a nickname for FlatOut 2 (which is still worth picking up)).

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41340.8 In reply to 41340.7 
Will check out the steam sale if it's still on.

The best rally game I played was by bugbear called Rally Trophy. With a force feedback wheel, it was ace.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41340.9 In reply to 41340.8 
>Will check out the steam sale if it's still on.

You missed it by literally 16 minutes.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41340.10 In reply to 41340.9 
Doh!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't like donut, then leave it alone. Nobody force you to eat it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41340.11 In reply to 41340.9 
:O
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–11

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats