War & Politicsobama's speech

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  fixrman      
41193.41 In reply to 41193.40 
>> The easiest way to make the abortion issue go away is for stupid women to keep their legs closed

I'm sure the rest of your post is well thought out and reasoned but I'm afraid I stopped reading at that sentence.

I guess that makes me a feminazi, but surely the easiest way to make the abortion issue go away is for stupid men to keep their junk in the trunk.

▪                    
             ┌────┐    ┌────┐                      
          │    │    │    │ ▪                    
          │    └────┘    │                      
          │   ──┐  ┌──   │ ▪                    
   ┌──────┤    ▪    ▪    │                      
  ┌┘      │              │ ▪                    
┌─┤       └──┐  │  │  ┌──┘                      
│ │          │ ││  ││ │   ┌─┐                   
│ │          └─┼┤  └┴─┴───┘ │                   
│ │           ─┘│           │                   
│ │   ┌──────┐  └┬──────────┘                   
  │   │      │   │                              
  │   │      │   │                              
  └───┘      └───┘                              
If Feds call you and say something bad on me, it may prove what I said are truth, they are afraid of it.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
41193.42 In reply to 41193.41 
This all day long.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41193.43 In reply to 41193.41 
When it comes to stupid men and women, it's a two-way street. A game of two halves.

Trouble is, because they're stupid nothing you can say will make the slightest difference.

truffy.gifbastard by name
bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41193.44 In reply to 41193.41 
That too. It is a too way street. But stupid men never do. Even smart men don't.

I figured you would know what I was talking about. The smart women already keep their legs closed, insist on precautions or take the steps themselves.

Actually here, it might be construed to mean they should engage in bum fun instead. Anyway, I thought you called it a boot over there...

Did you ever see such a messed up situation in your whole life, son?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41193.45 In reply to 41193.44 
What Kos said. I agree with (and enjoyed) the bulk of your post but that line about women is totally unacceptable.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Oh boy. I started to formulate a reply but what Truffy said is too true -  to paraphrase, nothing you say to stupid makes the slightest difference.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Linn (INDYLS)     
41193.47 In reply to 41193.46 
Try me.

----
"Ninety percent of Americans use the Internet. The other ten percent use the banjo."
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Lucy (X3N0PH0N)     
41193.48 In reply to 41193.45 
Well, nothing like focusing on one aspect of something and only commenting on that.

Obviously, you didn't get it. The comment was not directed at all women, because all women are decidedly not stupid. But in this day and age, women who become pregnant against their wishes - with all the possible forms of contraception available - nearly everywhere, there is no excuse for an unwanted pregnancy to occur. Further clarification on what was previously posted. Problem is too many use abortion as a birth control method - at least here.

Stupid: Ill-advised, foolish, shortsighted, unthinking. I think they all fit. The Apostle Paul used silly to describe certain women. Perhaps that would have been a better fit.

Silly: irresponsible, imprudent, immature. Yes, that is a better fit.

Terry: Say Karen, how's about a bit of boom-boom?

Karen: Not prudent at this juncture, Terry - you've got no protection.

Terry: Aw, c'mon luv! Just a bit o...

Karen: No!

She has to carry it, I'd say the woman's got a bigger stake in it than the cad who is likely love 'em and leave 'em. The guy has a moral obligation, but how many take it? By the rate of young, single moms - at least here, not many.

Perhaps I am just old-fashioned, or just old.  :-{)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41193.49 In reply to 41193.48 
Quote: 
Well, nothing like focusing on one aspect of something and only commenting on that.
Quote: 
I agree with (and enjoyed) the bulk of your post

Literally commented on the entire post, you madman.

The problem is singling out the women. In fact you say later:

Ok I can't do proper quotes any more, so here's an old fashioned quote:

"The guy has a moral obligation, but how many take it? By the rate of young, single moms - at least here, not many."

You kinda excuse the men. The tone is: Boys will be boys, so it's up to the women to take responsibility.

Regardless of who bears the brunt of the consequences, if someone gets pregnant then (in usual circumstances) two people are equally responsible.

"Further clarification on what was previously posted. Problem is too many use abortion as a birth control method - at least here."

I really don't believe that many do. I'm sure that some do, a tiny fraction, and you're right in that anyone behaving this way is 'too many'. But really it's entirely up to them, if they want to behave that way then that is their responsibility, that's the point of choice. While I believe that's wrong, I don't believe the state has any right to proscribe that behaviour (though I do think healthcare professionals should intervene).
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41193.50 In reply to 41193.49 
I DO NOT excuse the men AT ALL. Don't try to put words in my mouth by telling me what my tone was. If you don't know or understand, please ask in the future because you don't know me well enough to know my mind.

The simple fact that some if not many men are in fact quite adept at walking away from responsibility and the women know it means that someone has to be the sensible one. For the sake of the woman who has to carry the child and be responsible for bringing the child up through the years (if the male refuses), she then has to put on the limits. The men won't and you know it. They will press for advantage at any opportunity. Surely you aren't young and naive enough not to know this. I have seen it time and again within my own extended family.

Ever heard this: How do you know it's mine?

My grandmother was given to say, "A stiff prick has no conscience". She knew that as a young girl in the 1930s and it is still true today. Yes, two people are responsible. But if the man walks away, the girl is left holding the bag. It isn't fair or right, but it is how it ends up all too often.

Fathers should teach their sons responsibility and restraint. I taught mine to be a gentleman, what is acceptable behaviour and what is not. But at some point he has to make choices for himself. I can't be there forever.

Quote: 
I really don't believe that many do

In this case, what you believe is irrelevant. Although the data may be somewhat flawed because people tend not to be truthful in this situation, many women - 40% or more - report to not have been using any form of birth control when being counseled for abortion.

Quote: 
The former About.com Pro-Choice Guide wrote that 42% of abortions are obtained by women who were not using contraception.

The hard-liners, defining "abortion as birth control" as any abortion chosen because the woman doesn't want to have the baby, put the "abortions as birth control" rate at 95%. The middle ground, judging by repeat abortions, puts "abortions as birth control" at 45%. And the most conservative count, just counting abortions on women who weren't using contraception, put "abortions as birth control" at 42%. Even the low end, the conservative estimate of 42%, is still, by anybody's reckoning, a lot of abortions.

So if one is not using birth control and decides tohave an abortion, it would seem to follow that pregnancy is undesired. Who has the abortion: the woman. Why? Because her and the man... Where's the man? Well, he... Yeah, like a shit he just turned his back.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41193.51 In reply to 41193.50 
A stiff clit has no conscience either. I still think you're excusing the men and the 'stiff prick' thing is an example of that. Men are animals when they're aroused and can't be expected to think straight but women are what? Passive observers during sex and should be expected to think straight?

You keep re-iterating that it's generally the woman who bears the brunt of the consequences and, while of course I agree, that's irrelevant. Suggesting it ought be more the woman's responsibility inherently absolves the man.

Quote: 
many women - 40% or more - report to not have been using any form of birth control when being counseled for abortion.
That is not the same as 'using abortion as birth control' which strongly implies habitual, planned behaviour. Things happen in the heat of the moment. Yes, it's stupid, but that's kinda the point. "Using abortion as birth control" implies forethought and in such situations there clearly was none (which is the problem).

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 41193.52 deleted 17 Sep 2014 07:20 by MR_BASTARD

41193.53 In reply to 41193.50 
What is wrong with abortion being used as a form birth control when required?

From a medical/physical POV I can see there being an issue, as well as from a psychological POV.

But otherwise, what is the issue?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
41193.54 In reply to 41193.53 
I was stating a personal ethical belief there (hence 'I believe') rather than trying to make any sort of objective argument. I, myself, would not want to have an abortion for the same reason I won't kill insects. I don't believe I have a right to do those things. But I don't believe that holding that belief gives me the right to tell anyone else what to do or judge them for whatever they do. I don't see it as an absolute moral issue (as the Catholic Church does, for example), just my personal ethical choice.

And I did say they have every right to use it in such a way if they really want to. Though I'd argue that if it really is used in lieu of other forms of birth control (i.e. the decisions is made upfront to use abortion instead of condoms or whatever) then that's a pretty wasteful use of resources.

(Sorry if that sounds snappy. Reading it back it sounds a bit snappy but I don't mean it that way)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41193.55 In reply to 41193.54 
That was addressed to Fixrman!

I don't have an issue with your view because you don't believe you have the right to force it upon others.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41193.56 In reply to 41193.55 
Hah. I have absolutely no idea why I thought that post was to me -_-
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41193.57 In reply to 41193.53 
Quote: 
From a medical/physical POV I can see there being an issue, as well as from a psychological POV.

But otherwise, what is the issue?

So, apart from physically and mentally, what's the issue? What's left for there to be an issue with?
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
41193.58 In reply to 41193.57 
If you consider it to be an issue, there could be a moral/ethical issue.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41193.59 In reply to 41193.54 
quote: X3N0PH0N
I, myself, would not want to have an abortion

You can't have an abortion, you haven't got a womb
</reg>

truffy.gifbastard by name
bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
41193.60 In reply to 41193.59 
Racist.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–60  61–80  81–88

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats