War & PoliticsThe natives are getting restless

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  fixrman     
41190.141 In reply to 41190.140 
Every journey starts with a single step, so I shall start by throwing a teabag into the sea.

truffy.gifbastard by name
bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41190.142 In reply to 41190.137 
quote: fixrman
..... temerity to do something about a situation, that at least from their point of view, is not right? .....

uh, since they voted to stay, maybe they don't see it that way? (at least the majority don't)

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
41190.143 In reply to 41190.142 
55% is hardly an overwhelming majority though. And, according to my inside information, they were tricked.

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
41190.144 In reply to 41190.143 
Not surprisingly.

----
"Ninety percent of Americans use the Internet. The other ten percent use the banjo."
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 41190.145 deleted 22 May 2015 13:06 by 53NORTH

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41190.146 In reply to 41190.144 
They're gullible enough, 'twas easy.

But just because He made them sheep, does not mean they have to be shorn.

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41190.147 In reply to 41190.141 
That actually might so it! I heard some guys did it many years ago to some big, red meanies and it ended up being a smashing success! (I hear to avoid detection, one should don face paint and loin cloth.)

Interestingly, Gearge Washington condemned the act.

One teabag may not be enough. Those guys years ago tossed the equivalent of 18.5 million + teabags. What a waste of [probably] really good tea!

Interestingly, the BTP might seem ridiculous at first; the Tea Act actually reduced total tax on tea and we could buy it from EIC (early form of a bailout) for less than the British could. It was the 3 pence per pound duty they railed against. I'd suspect that this was taught more over there than here, because even today the Bossy British were the bad guys because of Mean Old King George, Parliament and the Townshend Acts. I didn't know he was that old and still an excellent gitfiddle player. We wanted fewer taxes and duties, plus Hancock wanted Dutch tea!

If you guys hadn't had such an imperial nature and starting wars for seven years at a time, you'd had more money and wouldn't have to try to make up war debts by gouging the Colonists.

Did you ever see such a messed up situation in your whole life, son?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
41190.148 In reply to 41190.142 
They did vote to stay, and I see that as a Good Thing &#0153 all around. Still, a significant number of people voted for secession which should possibly effect changes even though cousing in Ireland brought me up to speed on how much Scotland already gets. I think their beef (SNP) is more principled, however.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41190.149 In reply to 41190.143 
Bah! That can't be known until later. Sounds like a sore loser to me. If they's run a more successful campaign they would have won, I'll bet. Government ready to step in, monetary policy, solution for all those nuke subs they wanted to be rid of, military contingencies, those sorts of things.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41190.150 In reply to 41190.146 
I liked Russia's take on it.

----
"Ninety percent of Americans use the Internet. The other ten percent use the banjo."
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41190.151 In reply to 41190.147 
Well, if it's good tea I should use the teabag first. If it's shit tea (e.g. PG Tips, Tetley, or Yorkshire) I'd be willing to step up to a box of unused (and unusable) bags.

There are limits to my revolutionary zeal, after all.

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41190.152 In reply to 41190.150 
I wasn't aware that Russia had the time to give a shit.

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41190.153 In reply to 41190.152 
Oh yes.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41190.154 In reply to 41190.151 
I propose an exhaustive taste test first. You shall be Supreme Taster(being so close to Scotland and all), I shall be a Lowly Assistant. We must find The Most Inexpensive Tea Suitable for Discard. Fine cheeses, crackers, tarts and what have you should be employed as requisite to properly cleanse the palate. Fine English ales would also be appropriate lest our results be skewed by false taste impressions; we do not want to get this wrong, for a country's future lands in the balance.

I will leave it to you to decide when we should have completed the research. I feel not qualified in the least. If you should deign to ask my opinion, I would like to defer to your Superior experience in tha matter only of course to ensure a fair and impartial assessment. If we disagree, I suggest (most humbly) that any and all of those Members(Teh Forum) what are Necessary to Determine a Suitable Tea are asked to Break the Impasse. The queen Mum will of course provide financial recompense for these libations and fortificaions.

A humble proposal from One Who Drinks Tea infrequently at Present, but Who Could be Swayed to Drink More in the Future in the Name of Pure Research. Naturally, this should occur in England, city of your choosing.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41190.155 In reply to 41190.154 
It's a great idea, but I think that relying on Teh as arbiter of taste might be a weak point. Most of the proles here drink what can best be described as floor sweepings. They add milk and sugar to make it bearable. Xen probably drinks NAAFI tea or, worse, Tetleys. Graphitone, coming from the People's Republic of Yorkshire, likely drinks Yorkshire Tea. These are the sorts of teas that can only be improved by dumping them in the harbour.

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 41190.156 deleted 22 Sep 2014 07:43 by MR_BASTARD

41190.157 In reply to 41190.155 
 :-@
  • I like a fine Assam thankyouverymuch. I have no regional based political bearings driving my taste in tea. In fact, I've tried Yorkshire tea and found it as base as Typhoo.
  • I've never got on with Darjeeling or jasmine tea.
  • TBH, I have nothing against PG Tips, they make a good tasting decaf tea.
  • White tea's my favourite at the moment.  :-)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41190.158 In reply to 41190.157 
Yeah, I'm kind on a white tea kick.

I like Darjeeling (particularly first flush, which sounds like an early morning toilet break, but is v. nice).

I don't know if you get it in the UK, but the only thing worth drinking in Starbucks is China Green Tips. It is really good!

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41190.159 In reply to 41190.158 
I try to avoid starbucks as a rule, but if I'm ever in a situation where I need tea and I'm passing, I will check it out.

I tried a nice peppermint tea from Teapigs a while back, I was pleasantly surprised, it was nice n' smooth. I've found others can be a tad acerbic. Hmph, first world problems, eh?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41190.160 In reply to 41190.159 
quote: graphitone
I try to avoid starbucks as a rule,

Oh, me too. But Mrs B is a caffeine junkie.

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  101–120  121–140  141–160  161–180  181–189

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats