Ranter's CornerAdobe updates

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
I really do wish Adobe would fuck themselves. I really don't care how many legal, moral, or religious rules this would break, really I don't.

So, Flash has been nagging me for fucking days that it wants to be updated. FFS!

But, I have to close my browser, with myriad open but temporary windows. No matter, my browser is set to open the last session, so I close and update the whinging turd.

And then what does Adobe's buck-toothed, retarded offspring do? After installation it owns up the browser, says fuck you you craphead wishes me joy with my experience, and points me to more Adobe cloud crap that I can live without.

AND COMPLETELY WIPES OUT MY LAST BROWSER SESSION! :@

Why, Adobe? Why, is it necessary to hijack my browser, you useless bunch of tossers? If money were no object, I'd buy your whole company if only to fire the fucking lot of you. Then make PS and AI open source.

truffy.gifbastard by name
bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
41180.2 In reply to 41180.1 
So, you don't like Adobe? I wasn't quite sure.

Did you ever see such a messed up situation in your whole life, son?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
41180.3 In reply to 41180.1 
It wiped your history?

----
"Ninety percent of Americans use the Internet. The other ten percent use the banjo."
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41180.4 In reply to 41180.3 
not his history, his current session, like I currently have 3 windows open with 3,5 and 7 tabs, I would be very pissed if that went AWOL because some software decided what it was doing was more important. 

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
41180.5 In reply to 41180.4 
So reopen from history. And nuke Flash.

----
"Ninety percent of Americans use the Internet. The other ten percent use the banjo."
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Kinda agree. Flash and Java, it seems every few days there's a new update. I either get nagged or can't open a video because I've got the wrong version installed.

Is it that bugged? How much more can it be 'improved' ?

And no, I don't want a virus scanner or toolbar. I just want to be able to watch an embedded video without having to exit the browser, install an update and then find my way back to the page I was viewing.
+2/2
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  cynicoid     
41180.7 In reply to 41180.6 
I use Chrome's built-in Flash player, seems to solve that particular issue. I only remember when I've got Firefox open sometimes and it whinges about Flash not being installed for some pages.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41180.8 In reply to 41180.6 
Like you say, it's the opt-out toolbars and AV that I really fucking hate.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

41180.9 In reply to 41180.6 
Yeah, that was another thing that hurt when I realised that  it was downloading additional crap because I hadn't opted out. So I had to cancel and start the download over again.

truffy.gifbastard by name
bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–9

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats