Idle Chit ChatMagical Mouse

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
We went up to York for a couple of days last week, and part of the trip was to get a gee-tar for the other half. Where could one find a guitar near York, I hear you ask? Why, at Mouse's Musical Emporium of course!

I was going to take a photo of Mouse playing an ukulele and caption it with "Mouse playing a full sized guitar", but I forgot. Apologies for the lack of amusing photo.

I'd been promised that she was going to sit in the back of the car and play with the guitar all the way back to London, but it didn't happen; I feel strangely disappointed about it. The good news is that, as Mouse had reliably predicted, she picked the guitar she thinks looks better (which also happened to be a better guitar) so she's picking it up more just because she likes the way it looks - win! I've had to order some finger protectors of sorts, it'll take a while for her tiddly fingers to get used to it.

I'm kidding myself that I'm going to learn how to play too - who knows, maybe I do have some remnant of a musical bone in me.

Thank you Mouse! Hope you didn't get too drenched on Saturday.
[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Was amused to read that with Jack White (one of those youngsters I've never even heard) sporting cheap, mail-order guitars they are now regarded as collectors items on eBay and priced accordingly

http://music.cbc.ca/#/blogs/2012/6/The-Black-Keys-and-Jack-White-love-cheap-guitars

----
"Ninety percent of Americans use the Internet. The other ten percent use the banjo."
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 41153.3 was deleted

To:  Serg (NUKKLEAR)     
41153.4 In reply to 41153.1 
Just so you know, I brought a guitar from Mouse for girlfriend once - a lovely Ibanez it was. We broke up shortly afterwards and she kept the guitar.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dan (HERMAND)     
41153.5 In reply to 41153.4 
I bought a guitar for my ex, though not from Mouse - and then we broke up, and she also kept the guitar. OMG¬!!!1

Let's hope those were just coincidences  :'-( 
[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Serg (NUKKLEAR)     
41153.6 In reply to 41153.5 
It's Mouse.  He hides lerrrrrrve poetry inside guitars that the boyz are giving to the Layyydeees and seduces them with his louche ways and hippy hair.  I have stuck to illiterate girlfriends with no musical aspirations* and so far, so good.

*and anything sentient, or at least with some of the signs of life.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
41153.7 In reply to 41153.6 
The only signs of life that matter are the ability to xxxx xxxx and $!@~\|!

truffy.gifbastard by name
bastard by nature

+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–7

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats