Idle Chit Chatlongshot- restaurant advice

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
I'm delivering some Training in Budapest, this week and the hotel hosting the event wants £45/head for lunch does anyone know a good cheapish restaurant near the chain bridge, pest side?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mizzy     
41045.2 In reply to 41045.1 
ha, that is a longshot! I can only google, doesn't seem too promising though http://www.budapestbylocals.com/chain-bridge.html

Prices are high due to the fashionable and touristy location.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
41045.3 In reply to 41045.2 
I may end up having to order in pizza as a last resort, they claim they 'dont do buffets' :-\
I have lots of material to cover and a 2hour, 3 course lunch is too much time, plus the students will be nodding off after all that food :-(

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41045.4 In reply to 41045.1 
If Budapest is anywhere near Keighley* I can recommend a tidy chippie.  HTHx

*I suspect that it may be in Lancashire

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41045.5 In reply to 41045.1 
I watched Budapest Grand Hotel. The pastries looked scrumptious.

----
"Ninety percent of Americans use the Internet. The other ten percent use the banjo."
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41045.6 In reply to 41045.5 
I can confirm that the pastries here are indeed scrumptious, the hotel provided a buffet in the end,
Yesterday we were treated to red bulls aerial stunt show and red bull racing doing things outside the hotel and over and under the chain bridge for their may day celebrations It was fun if a little distracting :-) .
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41045.7 In reply to 41045.1 
Too late for this trip, i know, but if you ever go again you need to go to this place.

MrTrent A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless. In a world of criminals who operate above the law.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  MrTrent     
41045.8 In reply to 41045.7 
Thanks for the reccomendation it looks cool, I'm back there in about 2 weeks 4 an upgrade job.

I tried a nice Greek restaurant south west from the chain bridge following the river, only problem was prising the guys away from the butterfly's along the danube ;-)

X
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–8

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats