HardwareDying Hard Drive or PSU

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Harry (HARRYN)     
40876.41 In reply to 40876.40 
"drives are being run on the edge of their temperature limits"

I run my hdds outside of the case in a hdd cage from an old server case. Stopped a lot of errors right there.

----
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
40876.42 In reply to 40876.41 
How much noise does that generate?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
40876.43 In reply to 40876.42 
Considerably less than all the case fans I used to futility (apparently 'futily' is not a word) run. The hdds are actually pretty quiet.

----
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
40876.44 In reply to 40876.36 
Quantum Fireball. Or if you need extra capacity then a Quantum Bigfoot.

Me
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Well I should have bought the new drive earlier. It arrived today but the original drive looks to have pretty much fully died about 2 days ago.

Thankfully I still use CrashPlan. The restore will no doubt take forever
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS      
40876.46 In reply to 40876.45 
I thought you have superfast internet. How many TB to restore?
Roland Skollani was sick of Pittsburgh. This city was the dead-end of his failed dreams and even dope didn’t help his choking fits no more. It had been a mistake to leave Hollywood and to follow Rita. Maybe it was a twist of fate, that there were only a few days left to leave his ex-wife’s house. Now he MUST act. Rita had a new lover and he didn’t mind, but why of all people did she choose this greedy, corrupt cop Lennon?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
40876.47 In reply to 40876.46 
Currently restoring 260 GB (leaving some data on their servers for the time being)

Whilst my connection is 200 mbps down, Crashplan can't transfer that quickly it seems. It's quoting between 6 and 12 hours.

Apparently I've got 6.5TB of data backed up, quite a bit is deleted files which remain on the Crashplan servers.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–40  41–47

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats