SoftwareWebsite stuff

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)      
40688.21 In reply to 40688.20 
Yeah I think that is pleasing to the eye.  What is moonfruit, a Wordpress like site?
---------------------------------------------
Give me liberty or, I dunno, something.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
40688.22 In reply to 40688.21 
I've heard Wordpress lots of times but don't actually knoelw what it is. Moonfruit uses a Flash WYSIWYG editor and has some templates you can use and edit. It's a bugger to use though, too fiddly but can produce some nice results. Took me about half an hour to make that from a blank site.

The websites is used to create were all Flash based too but now they have a HTML5 version (still with Flash editor) so it'll work on all platforms.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40688.23 In reply to 40688.22 
Wordress is probably similar except you pick a template and then the content is added by a WYSIWYG editor.
---------------------------------------------
Give me liberty or, I dunno, something.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
40688.24 In reply to 40688.23 
Like many/most CMS, Wordpress uses a javascript-based WYSIWYG editor, TinyMCE.

----
"Allow me to channel Linus Torvalds a minute: 'What do you mean there wasn't a backup disk? Fucking kill yourself with a pipe wrench. I hate you, your mother was a whore and your dad was the neighbors dog. People like you make me sick.' "
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
I didn't actually do anything about this but I've been having a fiddle over the last couple of nights (YJ) to see what I could do. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out.
http://cakes.chrishigs.co.uk for anyone interested.

I like my Cake Maker. Still needs some work and I still hate CSS.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Some questions:
*With my Cake Maker on the prices page, if I added lots of options, different colours, etc. (I'd also need a different interface or it would be far too long) would it be best to have a static image for each combination, or is there some way to dynamically build an image for each combo.

*How do I do mobile stuff?

*Is it safe to put email server username and passwords in a PHP file for the contact page?

*What other questions was I going to ask?

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40688.27 In reply to 40688.25 
Just a thing or two I noticed:

The Tier 1 option on your cake maker has a borked link to the image. But you probably know that already.

Also, this:

Quote: 
My work is always carried out to the highest standard with your cake specifications at the heart of each and every project.

Should have a comma in it after 'standard'.

I quite like dusky pink. :)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
40688.28 In reply to 40688.27 
Yeah, I have noticed that bug. I've made a quick fix which sort of works. Only works properly the first time but at least it's not showing a missing image now.

I'd quite like to reword all the text at some point. Dusty pink is better than a dusty cake.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–28

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats