Quick Reply  

To:  THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE)     
40433.21 In reply to 40433.20 
Yeah, cos fuck minorities.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40433.22 In reply to 40433.20 
If you haven't yet, read The Price of Altruism.  It's a very good book about George Price, a theoretical biologist who demonstrated the functional role of altruism within evolutionary theory.  It's a remarkable, tragic story.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper      
40433.23 In reply to 40433.1 
I'm increasingly cynical as I get older and as a result, tend to find voting for the biggies a waste of time and generally use my vote as a protest and vote for a minimal party like the Greens or something.

I suppose at the simplest level, I have vague memories of childhood under the conservatives and life being a struggle, then being under Labour and life being a bit easier (only for the economy to go tits up) and then this essentially Conservative government failing to fix it in any meaningful way, although I appreciate the quite hard-line they are taking on benefit cheats and so on.

Colour me undecided I guess, but I have no faith in Labour being able to 'fix' the economy since they're the pillocks who buggered it up in the first place (I know, I know, worldwide problem in all reality, but the Germans aren't doing so bad).

I guess (being a cynic), a lot of people will remember erroneously that life was pretty good under Labour (like using all your pension fund in the first two years to have a whale of a time, and fuck the consequences for the remaining 10+ years of your life), and is kinda crappy under Conservative rule and Labour will likely gain a lot of ground because of this.

I should answer your question really, instead of rambling this way and that...

I generally vote the same in local and general elections, and of late have voted for minority parties as a protest as I have no faith in the biggies. I always vote for the party as opposed to the individual.

Windows 8 - We hate it in the pants, panties and in the ear
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Lucy (X3N0PH0N)     
40433.24 In reply to 40433.21 
Minorities are fucked, though, in a democracy. That's just the way it works. If there's a choice available that will be better for all the minorities, and all the minorities vote that way, then that choice will win. But you can't vote on behalf of other people, because you don't know what they want.

Happy now?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40433.25 In reply to 40433.24 
But you can surely vote based on what you feel will be better for the country overall? 
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dan (HERMAND)     
40433.26 In reply to 40433.25 
How am I supposed to know what will be best for the country overall? I don't even know what's best for the people next door.

Happy now?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40433.27 In reply to 40433.26 
Probably fewer nuns on your garden trampoline.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
40433.28 In reply to 40433.27 
Probably. And why would I vote for that? It would be madness.

Happy now?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40433.29 In reply to 40433.28 
Would naked nuns get your vote?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
40433.30 In reply to 40433.29 
They might get Big Guns.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–30

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats