HardwareNexus 10 TWR

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Great hardware. Excellent OS. App devs need to catch up.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dan (HERMAND)     
40127.2 In reply to 40127.1 
Definitely not enough made for "tablet" apps out there that take advantage of the space available.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
40127.3 In reply to 40127.2 
No, it's a bit sparse to say the least. There's also more than a few that outright won't install which is really quite annoying.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Well, it lasted well, but it's pretty broke now. YouTube regularly makes it spontaneously reboot :(
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dan (HERMAND)     
40127.5 In reply to 40127.4 
My Nexus 7 (2012) (acquired in 2013) is still going, some days it's pretty choppy. I'm finding daily shutdowns give a 100% improvement, otherwise it becomes unusable.
“Spiders could theoretically eat every human on Earth in one year”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
40127.6 In reply to 40127.5 
Yours is still working well?
Mine is a bag of shit. There's a known problem with the flash on the Nexus 7 2012 which degrades over time. I need to read up again and give it a wipe and fresh start.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40127.7 In reply to 40127.6 
I wasn't aware this problem was so widespread. I've only read one article [on a apple fanboi site FWIW] that says it kicks in when available storage <3G (I've got >15G). I figured it was due to having only 1G of RAM which a browser can max out PDQ. Supposedly there's an app that can 'zero out' the memory which helps for a few months. Must look into that.

Forgot to add there's a definite hardware issue because whenever it slows down the back consistently gets really hot in an area near the lower center right in landscape mode (battery?).
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Just installed and ran this (picked at random from several similar), and it did seem to give an immediate boost. We'll see how long that lasts, and whether it's repeatable.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
40127.9 In reply to 40127.7 
Given mine a full wipe and put a fresh 7.1.1 ROM on it. Smooth so far, but I know the slow downs can come with time.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40127.10 In reply to 40127.9 
The ram cleaner is working pretty good. When an app is running slow, I quit it, run ram cleaner & relaunch, then usually it runs 'normally'.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–10

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats