Teh ForumMajor Update-me-do

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Matt      
39987.13 In reply to 39987.1 

It doesn't appear to work on IE8, innit.

I do realise that anyone with a sense of self worth doesn't give a rat's nipple about IE, but some of us have to use that shit at work. And some of us /need/ to post here to take our minds off the the sheer hell of it all.

Anyhow, I cleared caches on IE8 several times, but only managed to make one near-sensible post (as near-sensible as I ever get). Otherwise, all I could see was blue in place of the text area.

No, this is odd: I tried a quote (here: 39989.6) which allowed me to post, even though I couldn't see or edit beforehand. But at least the textarea had text, so it allowed a post. When I tried to edit the post, to actually make the point I wanted to make, all I could see was the blue. However, when I right-clicked and selected 'refresh' I could briefly see the text area, before it got covered again. Pinkage?

No amount of emptying the cache and refreshing has allowed me to access the post facility. Works fine here at home though (OSX, Safari 6 \o/)

One other thing that I hate about this new text area: if I right-click a misspelled word to correct spelling, it brings up a cut/paste context-sensitive menu. It's a bit retared IMO.

truffy.gifbastard by name
bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
39987.14 In reply to 39987.13 

One other thing that I hate about this new text area: if I right-click a misspelled word to correct spelling, it brings up a cut/paste context-sensitive menu. It's a bit retared IMO.

I noticed that, and also find it annoying. My typing skills leave quite a lot to be desired, and i spend about as much time correcting typos as i do writing the post, so not being able to right click on the squiggly lines is a problem.

MrTrent A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless. In a world of criminals who operate above the law.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39987.15 In reply to 39987.13 

That'll be that corporate cache proxy server being a bitch again. That's probably the cause of the auto-complete thing not working too.

Nothing you can do about that unless you write a nice email to your IT department.

The right click thing. Hold Ctrl (or Option as you're on a Mac) when you right click and you'll get the browser default context menu. This is actually contrary to the default in CKEditor, which by default wants to stop you using the right click at all and use the build in Dictionary which is advertising sponsored.

And because they're hoping you'll pay for their cross-browser "SCAYT" or Spelling Correction As You Type, but why do that when there are free tools / built-in functionality.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39987.16 In reply to 39987.13 

Mr B,

I have made some changes to the Beehive CKEditor plugin that should make it work on IE8.

Force refresh (if it makes any difference) to reload the files.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39987.17 In reply to 39987.16 

Thank you, kind Matt. I shall check it out (as the wikkid kids are want to say) and report back. But it may be tomorrow evening if it doesn't work (natch).

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL

It seems if I click quick reply, then cancel, then quick reply again I can't type anything.

Win7 - Chrome Version 22.0.1229.94 m

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39987.19 In reply to 39987.17 

seems to be fine now (kiss) (flower)

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39987.20 In reply to 39987.19 

Hmmm... (kiss) (flower)

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39987.21 In reply to 39987.20 

Same again, but edited (kiss) (flower)

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39987.22 In reply to 39987.21 

Hmmmzy...editing does oddness to emote images

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39987.23 In reply to 39987.16 

This may be something you're aware of but don't care about and have sacrificed for some other benefit...

Before the update, if I was filling in a reply in the quick reply thing, and then accidentally hit the back button or something (which happens quite a lot), then I would hit forward, re-open the reply box and my text would still be there, saving my having to retype it all. Presumably the browser was doing this. That no longer happens, it's just blank.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Lucy (X3N0PH0N)     
39987.24 In reply to 39987.23 

Yep, this exact thing just happened to me in Chrome.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Also, did clicking quick reply in the past automatically give you the cursor focus to start typing?

I feel like clicking in the text area is a new thing?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Not to moan, but this is a major upgrade so things are to be expected! Anyway, in Chrome, I can no longer right click to use the spell checker - I just get the paste menu.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Lucy (X3N0PH0N)     
39987.27 In reply to 39987.23 

Don't accidentally hit the back button = problem solved.

It's because the editor is a dynamically created iframe with contenteditable="true", so presumably the browser doesn't know to store text typed into it in it's current state.

Not sure there is much I can do about this, unless you can find a suitable plugin for CKEditor that replicates the functionality.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dan (HERMAND)     
39987.28 In reply to 39987.26 

Already answered above. Hold Ctrl when you right click. This is the best I can do with CKEditor, by default it wants to stop you using the browser context menu entirely.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39987.29 In reply to 39987.28 

That's spot on for me, thanks!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
39987.30 In reply to 39987.18 

https://github.com/BeehiveForum/BeehiveForum/issues/1

If anyone else finds any problems, would be helpful if you could create a new "issue" on the Github page. Please try and include steps to reproduce.

Makes everything easier to track.

Ta.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39987.31 In reply to 39987.27 

Fair enough.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39987.32 In reply to 39987.30 

Will do.

I also need to get used to Return making a new paragraph and not a line break!

Also, is CKEditor essential for Quick Reply?

Also again, is this a replacement for both TinyMCE (which I didn't use) and the simplified toolbar?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  …  101–113

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats