CodingShared data architectures

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Rowan      
39892.19 In reply to 39892.1 

Along the lines of AMQP, take a look at www.rabbitmq.com It's a doddle to set up, lightning quick (we regularly run at ~80,000 messages/sec between Europe and the US over the public internet), will run in RAM or on disk and supports quite a few message distribution models, including allowing an ad-hoc number of consumers to connect and receive messages - so each client would just register its own queue update consumer when it was fired up, and when an update is made in a client it could be published out to all.

It's worth doing the 6 tutorials so you can see just what it can do - a solution may present itself to you.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  DSLPete (THE_TGG)     
39892.20 In reply to 39892.19 
Yeah, I've looked at RabbitMQ in the past (and I suspect it's much nicer than Apache's ActiveMQ which is the only AMQP thingum I've used). It has a nice site of friendly client-side libraries, too, for various languages, so it'd probably be what I'd plump for if I went that route.

It only takes care of the messaging part, though; I feel like there should be something out there that builds a layer on top of this and automagically syncs data. Nothing quite seems to fit the bill, though.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats