Ranter's CornerSky/BTOpenreach

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
This is my post on their forum. You can probably tell, I'm pissed off....

quote: Me
I ordered my Sky Talk and Broadband on the 10th August. I was given an activation date of 31st August.

My apartment already had a line installed, it just needed activating and then the broadband activating. Not a difficult job. Most other ISPs get this done within the day, or at worst within the week. Not with Sky, it's a 3 week wait.

Along comes 31st August. I take the day off work (losing a days holiday) because I am told I need to be at the property in case of an engineer visit (which seems unlikely). Whole day passes, no broadband.

Numerous calls later, turns out the BT Openreach engineer decided that they couldn't be bothered activating my phone and broadband when it was booked. I am told I will receive calls back from Sky to sort the mess out, massive lie, no calls.

More calls on Saturday to Sky and I am told that my broadband will be activated on Sunday 2nd September.

Sunday 2nd September comes, broadband isn't activated. I call Sky, I get told that there wasn't actually a booking. Another lie from Sky.

I call again on Monday 3rd September (today) because I am asked to rebook an activation appointment. Activation date offered - 2nd October. 4 weeks away. That's 4 weeks on top of the original 3 weeks.

7 weeks is a total disgrace. This is 2012, not 1970. This should be sorted within the week.

How can Sky be so poor at customer service?
Why can't they give me a call and get this sorted?
Why do I have to wait so long?

Why did I ever pick Sky in the first place?

Why don't you stop wasting money on Bruce Willis adverts and retrain your call centre staff to not be so stupid and do their job properly.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
39877.2 In reply to 39877.1 
quote:
Why did I ever pick Sky in the first place?

that's the bit I was wondering...

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
39877.3 In reply to 39877.2 
Snap! Tell Sky to go and fuck themselves and sign up with Be. They'll do you a phone line too if you like, and for less than BT charge.
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39877.4 In reply to 39877.1 

Just so you know, they're still going to be charging you for the broadband throughout all this, even though they're not giving you any. When you get your bill you'll (quite rightly) tell them to go fuck themselves, then you'll get a letter from the company i work for or a similar company, then you'll call up and maybe even speak to me, you'll rant and rave and call sky some very rude words and i will have to try very very hard not say how much i agree with you (i've been told off for that before in the past).

I've said it before and i'll say it again: Sky are complete and utter fucking cunts in every fucking way. Never give them a penny of your money.

MrTrent A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless. In a world of criminals who operate above the law.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dave!!     
39877.5 In reply to 39877.3 

My original plan was to move my parents/my Be account over to my new apartment and get them on Sky. But Sky were offering 6 months free, £10/month after and £80 quidco cash back.

Thankfully I haven't cancelled the Be account so I still have the backup of moving it.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  MrTrent     
39877.6 In reply to 39877.4 

Will your company represent individuals?

Their current incompetence bill stands at £226.67

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39877.7 In reply to 39877.2 
I'm tight. That's the problem here. I should have known better and stuck with reliable Be.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39877.8 In reply to 39877.7 
I kinda like plus.net, so I moved my phone to them too, now I have a stupid £60 bill for 2x calls made at 4:30is AM (I'm guessing 18yo son)

BT will block premium rate calls - free of charge
plus.net (owned by BT) say they can't - not possible

so very, very pissed off right now

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39877.9 In reply to 39877.8 

18yo son pays. simples.

I have a funny feeling that we used plus.net in the UK. I can't remember why, but I seem to recall having real problems. That would've been 10yrs ago.

bastard by name
bastard by nature

If Feds call you and say something bad on me, it may prove what I said are truth, they are afraid of it.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
39877.10 In reply to 39877.9 
18yo son denies it...

but has offered to pay half...

not impressed ;-)

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39877.11 In reply to 39877.10 
18yos don't just offer to pay half for no reason! :Y ;)

bastard by name
bastard by nature

If Feds call you and say something bad on me, it may prove what I said are truth, they are afraid of it.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
39877.12 In reply to 39877.11 
my thoughts too, that's why I'm not impressed with his offer
if he didn't do it I wouldn't get a bean out of him

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39877.13 In reply to 39877.1 

I feel, well felt, your pain. I had the same problem when I moved to my new place not long ago. Took 5 weeks in the end, many many lies and inaccuracies from Sky, I put a complaint in and used their own recorded messages against them (the same as I done against Santander, and won that one too)

I had the pay the initial bill of about £70 for the first month but in the end I got free telephone and internet for 3 months and a reduction on my next bill of £30.

Complete and utter lieing, useless toss bags in the customer service centre but I am pretty happy about the service so far on the unlimited package.

Web Shite Mail Me

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX)     
39877.14 In reply to 39877.13 

Hopefully all the calls were recorded because there's 6 lies now.

I demanded to speak to a manager. Finally got a call back this evening.

I had been told by two separate people that the next earliest activation was October. He offered me this Friday 7th AM or PM or any day next week, I picked AM on Friday. He couldn't understand why I was told October since there was plenty of free dates.

Fingers crossed for Friday. I'm still billing them for my days wages, calls, my newly invented lying fee and an admin fee.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39877.15 In reply to 39877.14 
Don't forget to add 10% if they choose not to pay by direct debit (giggle)

▪                    
             ┌────┐    ┌────┐                      
          │    │    │    │ ▪                    
          │    └────┘    │                      
          │   ──┐  ┌──   │ ▪                    
   ┌──────┤    ▪    ▪    │                      
  ┌┘      │              │ ▪                    
┌─┤       └──┐  │  │  ┌──┘                      
│ │          │ ││  ││ │   ┌─┐                   
│ │          └─┼┤  └┴─┴───┘ │                   
│ │           ─┘│           │                   
│ │   ┌──────┐  └┬──────────┘                   
  │   │      │   │                              
  │   │      │   │                              
  └───┘      └───┘                              
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
39877.16 In reply to 39877.15 
Ohh I definitely need to add that.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39877.17 In reply to 39877.14 
I ended up with two routers in the end as well as I also had two activation dates, perhaps I had yours ;)

Web Shite Mail Me

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39877.18 In reply to 39877.17 

Ha, they managed to send the router out. It's been sat waiting for the @ to go green :(

The initial issue was that BT Openreach didn't do their job. I would've been fine with Sky if they were honest and explained it all and booked another appointment straight away for the following days, but instead they lied and bullshitted their way through 3 days of calls, forum messages and tweets until I got it sorted.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39877.19 In reply to 39877.18 

If you want to use a third part router use this to generate your username and password

https://www.cm9.net/skypass/

The sky router is OK but I do much prefer my own router.

Web Shite Mail Me

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39877.20 In reply to 39877.19 

Nice.

I saw you could get it from taking a backup of the settings and opening the file in a text editor.

As long as it can port forward I'm not too bothered, don't actually have my own router to use anyway.

I'll be using my own access point since the Sky router only does Wireless N at ~150mbps whereas my AP does it at 300mbps.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–31

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats