HardwareRaspberry Pi playfulness

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
39808.701 In reply to 39808.700 
How'd you go about getting the pad setup? I remember using a utility outside of Retropie to get it configured and it's still not right. :C

I've been having problems getting NES roms working too, but I think that's just a path issue.

The favourite at the moment for our house is Sonic on the Megadrive and the ~800 Atari 2600 games we're slowly working through. :)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
39808.702 In reply to 39808.701 
I used Emulation Station which did all the clever bits for me and just asked me for the buttons to press on the 360 pad.

Sonic is always a good one, and been playing a bit of Golden Axe.

Trying to work out the Mame stuff. Confusing with so many different versions and ROM sets and what not.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39808.703 In reply to 39808.702 
I'm using Emulation Station too, but the pad config didn't work too well, it either mixed up the buttons or failed to recognise them entirely.

I got a free 360 pad from my brother who got it through work, one of those high street pawn shops, so it's good for testing n'that, but a couple of wireless ones would be good - I know they're supported, but haven't been able to experiment with one yet.

Games which rely on one fire button (the atari catalogue and Sonic) are fine, but I need to find a way to remap them properly for others I want to play, like Flashback. I've had a few MAME roms working, a couple of beat 'em ups, but a lot just refuse to run.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39808.704 In reply to 39808.703 
I didn't really try many games properly so some buttons may not have worked in some emulators, not sure. Mame buttons definitely worked though. I couldn't see any way to adjust the buttons used in the SNES/Mega drive emulators.

The Pi version of Mame only works with some games. And I think they have to be an old version of the ROMs too, and there doesn't seem to be a way to find out what version they are.

Having lots of fun with Street Fighter 3rd Strike last night, on the laptop. Watched a video of someone playing it on the Pi so should be able to get it on there too.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
I think I've found a complete ROM set for v037b5 ROMs which should work on the Pi.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39808.706 In reply to 39808.705 
Ace, whereabouts is the set, if you're willing to share, that is... :)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39808.707 In reply to 39808.706 
PirateBay. Just search for "037b5". Haven't checked it works yet though.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I've got Final Burn Alpha running on Retropie which works with more games than Mame4All, including Street Fighter III 3rd Strike which I've been having lots of fun with. My favourite Street Fighter game so far and the 360 pad works surprisingly well with it.

I'd like to get both Openelec and Retroarch running together. Any ideas if it would be easier to dual boot the two or setup Retroarch in Openelec? The latter seems like a bit of a fuss but not really sure.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39808.709 In reply to 39808.708 
Maybe look at this

http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/72972-retroarch-addon-arm-rpi
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
39808.710 In reply to 39808.709 
Cheers Ant. Looks pretty straight forward according to that. It doesn't mention FBA on there but might as well get try it anyway so I can at least easily play other games when I want to.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Well that was a bit of a bugger to setup, or at least the sound. The Retroarch addon and Advanced Launcher were easy enough but had no sound. Finally got that working. Managed to get FBA working so SF3 works, yay :)

Now I just need to get the controller setup so I can actually play something.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39808.712 In reply to 39808.711 
I wish I hadn't stayed up til 4am :O :O :O (latest for a long time) but I managed to FBA working. Controller setup, sound working (a little stuttery last night though), only one game at the mo. Definitely easier than swapping memory cards around.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

So what games should I play? Probably Snes, Megadrive or Mame. Although I might also be able to play PSX and N64 games but haven't tried to see how well they run.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39808.714 In reply to 39808.713 
Flashback and Another World on the mega-drive, maybe Aladdin too. Zero tolerance was an ace early fps on the negative.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39808.715 In reply to 39808.714 
Flashback. Good choice. I've never really played through Another World, only the first level a few times.

What is Zero Tolerance? F-Zero has always been one of my favourites. I remember paying that on the plane over to America on the planes entertainment system for hours.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39808.716 In reply to 39808.715 
It's a FPS that's got a surprising amount of content given it's on the mega drive. You get to choose from a number of characters with different skill sets and take on bad humans and a horde of aliens. I remember a level where you're running around an office block putting out fires while avoiding rabid dogs.

Found a vid:

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

If anyone has a USB DVB-T/RTL-SDR adapter that is gathering dust, and you like aeroplanes, I suggest looking into the dump1090 software. Or more specifically use the package here for the RPi - http://feed.flightradar24.com/raspberry-pi/ - and start tracking local aeroplanes and submitting the data to Flight Radar 24. If you submit data you get a free Premium account.

Even with the cheap desktop antenna you can get a range of about 70 miles in each direction.

I was running it on my linux server but that's under the stairs so reception wasn't great, though in the south direction it was picking up planes as far as Birmingham. My East-West range is poor because I'm in a terraced house.

It's now running on a Raspberry Pi and I've started to build a couple of antennas which are designed for the correct wavelength so see if I can get a better range. They are best placed outside with a decent view of the sky. My current antenna is a tin can cut in half with a wire sticking out of the top! Even with small homemade antennas you can get upwards of 200 miles range.

I must admit it gets a bit obsessive seeing what aeroplanes I'm tracking.

If anyone wants a look at my live map - http://fr24.antthomas.co.uk
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39808.718 In reply to 39808.717 
:D that's ace.

What units are the plane's speeds in?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39808.719 In reply to 39808.718 
Knots. The adapters only cost about a fiver. I think I'll put it in the attic.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39808.720 In reply to 39808.717 
Bet I could work out where you live from that.

▪                    
             ┌────┐    ┌────┐                      
          │    │    │    │ ▪                    
          │    └────┘    │                      
          │   ──┐  ┌──   │ ▪                    
   ┌──────┤    ▪    ▪    │                      
  ┌┘      │              │ ▪                    
┌─┤       └──┐  │  │  ┌──┘                      
│ │          │ ││  ││ │   ┌─┐                   
│ │          └─┼┤  └┴─┴───┘ │                   
│ │           ─┘│           │                   
│ │   ┌──────┐  └┬──────────┘                   
  │   │      │   │                              
  │   │      │   │                              
  └───┘      └───┘                              
If Feds call you and say something bad on me, it may prove what I said are truth, they are afraid of it.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  661–680  681–700  701–720  721–740  …  841–853

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats