Ranter's CornerMicrosoft - Pffft

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
I swear they are the stupidest company on earth. They push shit through and kill off things that are actually good and useful.

The fuckers are making a tablet because everyone else has one and they think they need one. And then killing off something that no one else offers! WHS is/was a great thing for people who wanted to run a little (very useful) server at home.

Fuck them. I tried to stick with them, but with Windows 8 and now killing WHS. Blah. Think I'll just get good with Linux and be done with it.

By reading my posts you agree to my terms of service.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
39697.2 In reply to 39697.1 
I was always tempted with a WHS but I needed a bit more than it could offer so stuck with XP. Now I'm borrowing Server 2008 R2 off Jim.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
39697.3 In reply to 39697.2 
Yeah, I upgraded my server a few months ago and switch to MS Storage Server 2011. It's actually R2 under it anyway. Still offers all the things WHS did except the drive extender but also removed the stupid 10 computer limit to the backups. So it really doesn't bother me that they did this, but it does bother me at the same time. They are just stupid fuckers.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39697.4 In reply to 39697.3 
Here is an article about this mess.

Seems that MS wants people to start using Windows Server 2012 Essentials. Here's the kicker. WHS = $50. Server 2012 = $425. Yeah, not thanks dick faces.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
39697.5 In reply to 39697.4 

"Oh look, we're selling lots of WHS licenses at £40 each... f'it we don't want that, terminate it and make a lot fewer people pay £300 each instead, and we'll assign another 20 programmers to figure out how to stop people from pirating it"

Dumbasses.

[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Serg (NUKKLEAR)     
39697.6 In reply to 39697.5 
Yup. Big mistake. Bigger mistake killing SBS. The post where they announced that is blowing up in their faces.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I love it when a plan comes together bwahaha

bastard by name, bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

It's as if they /want/ you to pirate their stuff!
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dave!!     
39697.9 In reply to 39697.8 
Not as long as xp does what I need it to.

----
"You have unknowingly complimented the author: telling a journalist they should be a novelist is like telling a stripper they should be a ballerina. "
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–9

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats