War & PoliticsTottenham - what gives?

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
38778.41 In reply to 38778.39 

I do remember one time going with Koswix to Omars in Bradford where he tried to eat one of their "Notorious" naan breads on his own. Ended up wearing it as a cloak.

(Notorious Naan modelled by me and my friend Nadine)

Roses are bollocks, Violets are crud, I hate bloody flowers, And much prefer mud.

Attachments:

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
38778.42 In reply to 38778.41 
Good job modeling! It looks pretty large, but I'm still thinking Kos is a pussy.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.43 In reply to 38778.42 
To be fair, after he'd eaten as much as he could, I sat next to him and got /thirsty/.

Roses are bollocks, Violets are crud, I hate bloody flowers, And much prefer mud.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.44 In reply to 38778.43 
I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. It reminds me of a very large soft taco shell.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.45 In reply to 38778.43 

That was not pleasant. :(

Although it was fun feeding the bar staff in that Theatre place free naan. They were cute*.

*I can't actually remember them, but in my made up memory they're cute.

GIVE ME EYERON OR! :@ msg:38140.1
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.46 In reply to 38778.41 

I've tried that naan bread challenge. I remember the staff sitting down at the table opposite and laughing at me. :(

I got through about half of it, then I was stuffed. Went home to sleep it off, but my pulse was racing - I had to get up and do 50 push ups just to burn off some of the energy. :C

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
38778.47 In reply to 38778.46 
Ha. Haven't been for a while. Pretty cunning business plan, the curry portions are relatively small (but tasty) and you fill up on a comedy bread product.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.48 In reply to 38778.47 

:D

I like the idea of comedy bread.

I've not had a curry since my tummy trouble - might have to see if I stomach one again soon.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
38778.49 In reply to 38778.48 
Just make sure it's a good one and you should be reet.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
38778.50 In reply to 38778.49 
If anyone decides to go out I'd like a few things. I will PM you a list :'-D
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.51 In reply to 38778.30 
quote: Mouse
Oh look, your Guardian Live Blog is just linking to Tweets now. At least that's honest.

yourlocalguardian.co.uk != guardian.co.uk

I don't even think they're the same company, but they're definitely different websites.

The one I linked to (which I simple found through a search; it's not mine, and I have no idea what it's actually like as a media outlet) is posting stuff from reporters called Peter Truman and Hannah Williamson who are actually there - they're not just repeating people's Twitter posts.

quote: Mouse
I dislike reading polished version of things now, it's too easy and you rarely get the full picture.

Twitter doesn't give the full picture. Even if all the shit which is wrong with Twitter was magically fixed, you'd still get probably false stuff like this:
quote: Twitter
Breaking news; David Cameron rides into Croydon astride a polar bear, bringing a dramatic end to the #LondonRiots.

And definitely false stuff like this:
Widespread looting round Croydon, reports of large stores being hit and no police.

Then there's this:
RT @marcreeves The shop in Croydon is on a street that bears its name: Reeves Corner. Established by my gt gt grandfather in 1867. Now gone.

This:
RT @marcreeves: That shop in Croydon is on a street that bears its name: Reeves Corner. Established by my gt gt grandfather in 1867 Now gone

This:
RT @marcreeves: That shop in Croydon is on a street that bears its name: Reeves Corner. Established by my gt gt grandfather in 1867 Now gone

Repeat 100 times.

And that's just the direct re-tweats, there's then all the people saying the exact same thing in different ways, and all the responses to that.

Ok, it's sad someone has had their furniture shop destroyed, but I don't want to read about it in every other message.

I want to find out what's going on.

I want to know stuff like this:

quote: not Twitter
About 100 youths are in a stand off with police as police closed off North End to pedestrians. Some missiles have been thrown at the police line near London Road and youths are taunting officers as they attempt to keep people out of the borough's main shopping area.

One petrified motorist warned drivers to avoid the stretch of London Road leading up to West Croydon station as gangs of marauding youths in balaclavas were attacking cars.
"Another car crashed as he swerved to avoid another vehicle. It is very dangerous down here and my heart is still thumping from the experience."

A double decker bus is ablaze near Reeves Corner with a large gathering of youths gathered around watching it burn.

I don't just want to read what the media writes - I'd be interested if anyone was trying to make any statement or if it is 100% pure destruction and pillaging - and you generally wont get that from standard news.

But being able to see an instant overview of the most significant pieces of information (especially from multiple sources) is helpful to obtaining that full picture.

quote:
I don't really get why you think the UI is shit. It's just a stream of information.

If you really don't get what's wrong with it and need to ask how it could be changed then I'm not sure there's any point in me wasting time trying to point out why it's so incredibly shit.

Do you really see nothing wrong with this:

?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
38778.52 In reply to 38778.51 
Not really no, it's just full of noise. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to get round that but that's what everyone is thinking. That's what life is like. That's a more 'accurate' version of events than what one person writes up in a newspaper.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

It's tempting to create a website with pictures of every single face I can find of people looting from any internet video I can find....
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mikee     
38778.54 In reply to 38778.53 
With the EXIF coordinates attached to a map. Do it.

There is this

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Heh, an interesting thing on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Petition-to-get-the-Army-in-to-sort-this-mess-out/234774236562030

People want the army to come and sort things out.

Unsure how I feel about that ... assuming we actually have an army here (and they're not all over in Afghanistan and Iraq) ... would it help?

Can an army person arrest/detain people they've caught (guess it might count as a citizen's arrest; does that even exist or is it just something that happens on TV shows? :S )

Possibly they're more trained for riot-like situations - at least compared to normal police, dunno about riot police (assuming riot police are actually trained and not just normal people given a stick and sheet of plastic and a helmet?).

Would rioters have more respect for / fear of someone in an army uniform compared to a police officer?

*shrug*
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.56 In reply to 38778.54 
Thanks for that. I'm off to London tomorrow for work, so I'll use it to tell if my hotel's likely to catch fire (it's about a mile south of the bit of Hackney where it kicked off today).

Kenny
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ)     
38778.57 In reply to 38778.56 
You're welcome. Stay safe lad.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
38778.58 In reply to 38778.55 

Pete - I'd say the Army create more of an impression than the Police, especially if they start rolling in in their own vehicles. I would say that they are also slightly less likely to be nice and patient, which might not necessarily be a bad thing.

On a side note, Ealing Broadway kicking off now too. Hanger Lane seems still quiet for now.

[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Serg (NUKKLEAR)     
38778.59 In reply to 38778.58 
You guys should all go out and do a live report for us.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.60 In reply to 38778.59 
All quiet in Rocester.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–60  61–80  …  281–298

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats