War & PoliticsTottenham - what gives?

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
38778.261 In reply to 38778.260 
he'll get so mad, he'll start a riot or something.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
38778.262 In reply to 38778.261 
I wouldn't doubt if it was him behind the current riots. Someone probably didn't offer the options he required on a phone or laptop or something and it set him in a rage!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.263 In reply to 38778.262 
you been posting on the BBC site?

quote:
1319. grumpovian
1 HOUR AGO
Why do we fiddle about with political correctness and human rights nonsense here. The easy answer is to machine gun this sub human trash.

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
38778.264 In reply to 38778.263 
haha no. I don't want you to machine gun people down. I just think guns server as a good deterrent. Plus a bullet in the knee never killed anyone.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.265 In reply to 38778.264 
Server? Can you tell I was up at 6 AM pissing with servers this morning? I have servers and riots on the brain!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
38778.266 In reply to 38778.265 
Did you order your baseball bat from Amazon or are you just going to rock them to death if they decide to loot your area?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
I just did a walk around Croydon and Purley, and... well I should have joined the looting and got a decent pair of walking shoes, because after 12 miles the cheap crap I was wearing made my feet pretty sore. :(

It's about forty hours after everything happened, but it's not as bad as I was expecting based on the news/twits.

There's a significant number of shops boarded up - but no way to tell how many are done as precautions vs how many were actually looted.
Most shops (over 80% I'd estimate) are fine and open normally.

Of three shops definitely raided in South Croydon, two of those are now open for business (GB Cycles - couldn't see inside though, Richer Sounds - no stock so delivery only).

Not many teenagers in central Croydon, compared to normal. There was a police presence, maybe half a dozen officers in the shopping area, very casual and I guess more to re-assure shoppers, of which there were fewer than average but not excessively so - you'd get less due to showers.

Some people were apprehensive/whatever, but I'm not sure there was any particular atmosphere - except around the London Road area.

About 150m worth of London Road is still cordoned off, and didn't look particularly cleaned up, wasn't good, but again didn't seem as bad as expected - though that bit is mainly small/local businesses compared to the main shopping area, so particularly bad in that respect.

The shop at Reeves corner is being entirely demolished. Nearby buildings look significantly damaged, but (to my untrained eye) appear to be mostly cosmetic/repairable - fortunately for the businesses/residents there, the destroyed shop was isolated (on a traffic island), otherwise it could have been significantly worse.

Over on Purley Way (industrial estate), most of the shops are boarded up. Sainsbury's was open and no obvious damage. Argos, TK Maxx, Best Buy, Jessops, Comet, PC World all boarded up. Curry's was also boarded up but still open for business. Couldn't be arsed to go up to Ikea to see what that was like. Significant numbers of police around, but nothing going on.

Purley is fine. One takeaway closed "for a few days", one café boarded up, and a few damaged windows - but those could easily have been from standard drunken behaviour. Despite all the nonsense on Twitter I don't think anything actually happened in Purley (unlike Croydon, it's too middle-class; so might be a few bored yobs at worst).

Still occasional sirens, maybe even an above average number, but not really an unusual amount.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
38778.268 In reply to 38778.267 
That was a report from our man on the street Peter, now off to Frank for the forecast.

Actually, good job Peter!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.269 In reply to 38778.268 
You didn't know I was spying on you, did you Peter? You're a fucking rebel man!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.270 In reply to 38778.269 
That's not me (the hair is too short, you'd never catch me wearing that coat, and I've never gone to Manchester), and it's so blatantly a setup.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.271 In reply to 38778.270 
You were bound to say that - it's a cunning disguise.

That video reminds me of this
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
38778.272 In reply to 38778.271 
Did I also shrink several inches and grow huge hands as a disguise?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.273 In reply to 38778.272 
Well? Did you?

----
"I have a tenkeyless Leopold cherry brown and love it."
"Where is the Filco Majestouch"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
38778.274 In reply to 38778.273 
No.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.275 In reply to 38778.274 

Next report from the ground:

Went to a gig in New Cross tonight. Had no trouble there - except finding the venue - but there was a disturbance down the road in Eltham. It was an EDL rally type thing that apparently was dispersed without much effect.

Got a lift back and travelling through central London we saw a few Devon & Cornwall Police vans but no trouble. Oh, and we got bagels in Brick Lane. Wouldn't know if it was quieter than normal because we usually go there later.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Voltane     
38778.276 In reply to 38778.275 
Any Peter sightings?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Voltane     
38778.277 In reply to 38778.275 
quote:
we saw a few Devon & Cornwall Police vans

wow, I didn't know we had more than one!

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.278 In reply to 38778.274 

You're not being very helpful Peter.

But then you wouldn't would you, if you're TRYING TO DISGUISE YOURSELF AND GO AROUND KNOCKING DUSTBINS OVER. :-@

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
38778.279 In reply to 38778.277 

I think it's one van for Devon, one for Cornwall, and one reserve in case Farmer Moorlock's Land Rover brakes down while on a day trip and needs towing.

And there were no Peter sightings. I don't go looking for men's todgers...oh wait, not /those/ sort of Peter sightings. No,didn't see him either.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  221–240  241–260  261–280  281–298

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats