To:  patch     
38778.201 In reply to 38778.200 
What? :(
[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Serg (NUKKLEAR)     
38778.202 In reply to 38778.201 

That was meant to be a reply to you about Drew, but it's too early for me to hit the right link.

I was trying to say that he knows about the disaffected youth, despite coming from a small rural village. Not even very funny. I'll stop now.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  patch     
38778.203 In reply to 38778.202 
Ah right, in light of Drew's occasional tendencies to display "gangsta"-inspired behaviour. No, I get it, just wasn't awake enough to get it without help. Bruv.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.204 In reply to 38778.199 

You're not the only one who considers Drew's opinions to be of limited merit given that it's not his house/livelihood being destroyed or family terrified by thugs.

Having said that, I'm sitting here in Switzerland, so 'yay' me.

bastard by name, bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
38778.205 In reply to 38778.168 
We were talking about that last night, and remembered the "civil unrest" exception clause in most policies :-/

GIVE ME EYERON OR! :@ msg:38140.1
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
38778.206 In reply to 38778.205 

That's alright, any enterprise other than the little mom'n'pop shops that go under will pass on any uninsured costs in higher prices. So no one wins, no one loses. Some people may lose their jobs.

And these loons 'making a point against big enterprise' are making what point in the end?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.207 In reply to 38778.199 
Don't be a fuckwit. I can't have a valid opinion until it's happened to me?

You can't have an opinion on what the rioters are doing until you've lived their lives, then.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)     
38778.208 In reply to 38778.207 

Ooh, escalation!

I would say that I live closer to the participants and have more exposure to their environment than you do.

(yay! fight!)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.209 In reply to 38778.208 
Then you would indeed be a fuckwit.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.210 In reply to 38778.207 

Neither can you though. While some of the rioters may have just cause for dissatisfaction (but not anarchy), I suspect that some (unknown percentage) of them are just in it for the 'laughs'.

But in good news I heard (not confirmed) that Jamie Oliver's restaurant got done over, so there's a silver lining after all.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
38778.211 In reply to 38778.210 

You seem to have missed the point somewhere in my clever web of sarcasm.

I believe that we humans, being imaginative and communicative creatures, are perfectly capable of understanding, as far as one can do so, the experiences of others with just a little effort, empathy and compassion.

I've also said several times that I'm sure the majority of rioters are in it 'for the laughs' as you put it, but this is beside the point. If people feel so disconnected from and disaffected with their society/community that they can behave like this then there's a problem... is all I'm saying.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
38778.212 In reply to 38778.205 
see, I see that as part of the overall problem

we should all have insurance, but quite often when you need it you find it's not valid for whatever has happened

so I sit thinking "the man" screwed me again

I am a quiet, overweight, middle-aged man living in a very rural out-of-the-way place and I feel that most of those deemed to be in authority in some way have and continue to screw me over on a regular basis

banks - PITA
government - PITA
council - PITA
police - PITA

etc ~ so I can only begin to imagine how people in the cities who are affected by all that much more often and on a larger scale than me must feel

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
38778.213 In reply to 38778.212 
quote:
so I can only begin to imagine how people in the cities who are affected by all that much more often and on a larger scale than me must feel

Not according to Serg you can't.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.214 In reply to 38778.213 
I was being a hypothetical cunt, don't actually label me as one.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.215 In reply to 38778.211 
I agree with what you say here, and thank you for summarising your argument to something that my attention span can deal with.
If people feel so disconnected from and disaffected with their society/community that they can behave like this then there's a problem... is all I'm saying.

You're damned right there's a problem, but I think that the problem lies in society as a whole. Parents who don't give a shit, lack of respect for others, booze mentality; the fabric of civilised society is torn. And none of this discourse will make the slightest difference.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.216 In reply to 38778.215 
Aye, I agree.

I think talking about it is a part of the process of it gradually changing (I don't mean we affect change by talking about it, obviously, just that us talking about it reflects the beginnings of a gradual change). Anyway, it's either this or phones and I'd rather talk about this.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.217 In reply to 38778.214 
That makes absolutely no sense (hug)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38778.218 In reply to 38778.215 
there's also the parents who do give a shit but whose kids won't accept their control. Plenty of interviews like that going on lately.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
38778.219 In reply to 38778.218 
quote:
Prime Minister David Cameron says Britain will not allow a culture of fear to take over the streets, and says police have drawn up contingency plans to use water cannons if necessary.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/10/police-calm-london-but-riots-flare-across-uk/#ixzz1UclOgqb5

OH NO, not water! Anything but that!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
38778.220 In reply to 38778.219 
We're not fat like you Americans, a decent quality water pistol can break us in half :C

The stand-in chief commissioner of the london her majesty's police of great britain metropolitan force (or whatever) was talking earlier and said (I paraphrase) "We're going to arrest absolutely everyone who was involved with the rioting".

They're going to need a lot of cells (nod)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  161–180  181–200  201–220  221–240  …  281–298

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats