War & PoliticsOsama bin Laden: him gorn (a meme approved by teh hive mind)

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)     
38429.401 In reply to 38429.399 

You're probably thinking. "I've seen this guy shoot zombies. He misses more than he hits, I can't imagine what he would do with a real gun!"

haha right!?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
38429.402 In reply to 38429.386 
quote:
Maybe the robber is pointing the gun at the shop owner and I come up behind him and put a barrel in his ear? In this case he better put his gun down or the only person getting shot is him.

Are your reactions fast enough to pull your trigger the moment you see his finger twitch?

And would that actually prevent his muscles from continuing to contract if his brain has already sent that signal?

Or would you just end up with two dead people, and maybe some cohorts of the robber getting away and the police not being able to question them on who they might have been.

Oh, and possibly having a bounty on your own head for taking out one of their friends.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.403 In reply to 38429.389 
Cool! :D

Does anyone shoot him?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.404 In reply to 38429.401 
:D

Everyone is a valued member of the team (hug)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
38429.405 In reply to 38429.402 

No, can't say that I can predict that everything would be OK in that situation. I would only hope to never be in it!

And no, nobody shoots my friend.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.406 In reply to 38429.404 

Here's a question. If one of you fine Brits came to America are you allowed to shoot a gun? Would you ever want to shoot a gun?

I would imagine you are allowed right? Your military has guns.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.407 In reply to 38429.399 
No, I only went to like two or three lessons. Get all dizzy when I roll about too much. :(

My Dad's could... well, I think he did the instructor's course... he is a black belt though. :D
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  fixrman     
38429.408 In reply to 38429.400 
Can you fly planes?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
If it were legal to carry weapons in public here, I think I'd carry a glaive. I've been in love with that weapon since playing Mount & Blade. It's a knife on a long stick. Genius.

Either that or I'd ride a tiger. Maybe both. It'd be like living in my very own Korean MMO.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.410 In reply to 38429.407 
I've always wanted to learn a martial art. I took my son to lessons. He quit. My kids quit everything. Damn quitters!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.411 In reply to 38429.401 
When you do the shooting range thing, what's your score/level/ranking/whateveritmightbecalled?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.412 In reply to 38429.408 
I can fly planes. Well not legally. Only took 3 lessons and then ran out of time to get my license.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.413 In reply to 38429.409 
That is genius. That or a scythe. You could just hear the shit happening in someones pants when you walked by with one of those!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.414 In reply to 38429.410 
Well at least he went to some lessons.

How many have you been to?

Not even trying is worse than quitting. :@
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.415 In reply to 38429.411 
I don't shoot in any kind of league where it's scored. Sometimes we shoot at targets, sometimes I'll take beer cans or bottles out to the farm and shoot and have a good time.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.416 In reply to 38429.406 
We can own and shoot weapons here, you just need a license. Can't take them out in public and have to keep them very securely locked up. And we're not (reasonably, I think) allowed assault weapons.

I've used shotguns a fair bit growing up in the countryside. And I've fired pistols and rifles. Guns are quite fun to fire, I certainly understand the attraction.

But yeah, if we go to the US we're allowed to fire guns in a range or whatever.

I believe in Switzerland it's illegal to not own a gun. (Something like: they all do military service and they get to take the assault rifle home after. They're legally obliged to keep it in working order and that and can, I think, take it out and about with them if they want. Might be a bit wrong but it's roughly there. Hwre we go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland )

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.417 In reply to 38429.304 

Some people also eat soft shell crabs. Hopefully they haven't eaten yet else they would be full of shit.

I have eaten soft shell crab sandwiches and they have not tasted like shit; on the other hand I have never eaten shit so am not sure what it would taste like. Crab shit might have a different flavor than say, cod shit.

Shrimp shit might often be eaten with gusto and perhaps cocktail sauce, since many people are not aware that the "vein" present in shrimp is really only a shit tube. But I digress.

Did you ever see such a messed up situation in your whole life, son?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.418 In reply to 38429.414 
He went because I /made/ him! :-/

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.419 In reply to 38429.412 
Only three?

And then you could have applied for a license!? O.o

That's scary!

I want to learn to fly, but I think (especially with current fuel nonsense) that it's stupidly expensive over here. :(
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.420 In reply to 38429.416 

huh, I didn't think I knew that, but then I remembered hearing something on the radio about a fellow over there getting in trouble for protecting himself when someone broke into his house.

OK, so that's cool, you're allowed to shoot and stuff. Everyone should at least shoot once and then decide if they like guns or not.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  361–380  381–400  401–420  421–440  …  481–497

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats