War & PoliticsOsama bin Laden: him gorn (a meme approved by teh hive mind)

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
I don't think we know enough about Al Qaeda to say "xyz" will happen, although we can make some very good guesses (and have). I think it's good to be rid of him, one less terrorist nut in the world etc.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
38429.22 In reply to 38429.20 
I agree on the positive influence for Obama, but he's a brilliant President IMHO and anything that makes him look good in the middle of all the idiot racist muppet attacks is a good thing I say.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Some call me... (PSYCHO_GEEZER)      
38429.23 In reply to 38429.22 
I agree with you on him being a brilliant President. I'm not sure many American's agree with us though.

The Healthcare reform bills and the lifting of the ban on embryonic stemcell research should also, in my opinion of course, way in his favour too, but the pro-life religious types will obviously disagree and use it all against him come the election.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
38429.24 In reply to 38429.23 

Anyone hear the American lady on the radio news this morning?

They were doing vox pops of a select few revellers after the news of Osama's death and she said that she's glad that 'people are finally safe' now that he's gone. (fail)

As Steve said, the extremists exist in terrorist cells and won't be that much affected by missing what is essentially a figurehead.

After seeing the video footage of Bin Laden the BBC trawled out this morning, I was a little suprised at how softly spoken he was. I was expecting something more like Hitler at Nuremberg.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
38429.25 In reply to 38429.24 
The only thing I can hope, is that it shows we won't give up finding you if you do shit like that. But other than that I don't suspect it will do much good.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
38429.26 In reply to 38429.25 
...so the new leader(s) will wear masks and not use their real names.

Can't really win. :/
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.27 In reply to 38429.24 
I saw a woman in front of The White House who was saying "we found him and we dealt with him".
I /really/ wanted to ask her what part she played in the whole affair.

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
38429.28 In reply to 38429.26 
You are correct. For once :-O

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.29 In reply to 38429.24 
The softly spoken ones are the most dangerous.<glares at teh throb>

bastard by name, bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
38429.30 In reply to 38429.27 

She's probably just narrowed her eyes a few times and looked 'round for suspicious people. It's the only way to weed 'em out.

It's what I do everytime I cross the county border into Lancashire. :-/

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
38429.31 In reply to 38429.29 

So Hitler wasn't dangerous?

Or do you mean to imply that Bin Laden and teh Throbman are /more/ dangerous than Hitler?

If that's true, well...

Damn.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.32 In reply to 38429.31 
I should bloody hope I am! Give me a bumper bag of Werthers & I could annexe most of Eastern Europe before lunch.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.33 In reply to 38429.30 
Fuck you :@
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
38429.34 In reply to 38429.14 

MMM, yes. Never waste a good assassination.

As far as it goes, perhaps the U.S. forces did assassinate a bearded man, but maybe not Osama. Perhaps he died of kidney failure 8 years ago as has been proposed.

This certainly could be one of Oblame-a's last gasp efforts to secure re-election since he hasn't done anything else of import yet.

Perhaps if Osama isn'r really dead we could maybe get him to have a steel cage match with Oblame-a, then we could watch as two whack jobs beat the shit out of each other. My only hope would be that somehow both would lose.

I don't think that we in the U.S. should be crowing about it if we did kill bin Laden, because we have now become what we have been known to criticise. So who do we kill next, because there will be a next; there will be thoughts of revenge, and soon. Will Osama loyalists find a reporter's neck to sever?

I think we could have done it differently. I am sure Oblame-a would have criticised Bush if he would have been able to find Osama years ago, or at least Kerry would have criticised. Because Kerry would have done everything differently, especially with those three Purple Hearts. I don't think it is a good idea for the U.S. to get into the assassination business and I think it is in poor form for American citizens to rejoice in the murder of a man, regardless of the reason.

Did you ever see such a messed up situation in your whole life, son?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Some call me... (PSYCHO_GEEZER)      
38429.35 In reply to 38429.22 

Brilliant? At what?

I'd suggest you visit for a spell. There are suits hanging in your closet with more brilliance. Dolt!

Did you ever see such a messed up situation in your whole life, son?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  fixrman     
38429.36 In reply to 38429.35 

Brilliant at constructing a sentence, which is more than can be said for the previous one. The repeal of don't ask, don't tell. The extension of HIV/AIDS Funding as well as a LOT of other good health care moves including child nutrition. Tidying up hate crime prevention laws. Responding and acting with dignity in the face of blatant racism from dumb fucks like Trump and many others who insist he is either Muslim, non-American or lying about his education.

I just did visit for a spell and I own neither a suit nor a closet, so piss off.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  fixrman     
38429.37 In reply to 38429.34 

Oblame-a? Really?

You destroyed any chance of people taking you even slightly seriously by doing that.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
38429.38 In reply to 38429.37 
Aye.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
38429.39 In reply to 38429.32 

I heard Hitler was a Haribo man.

You can see the root cause of his many flaws right there.

Wonder how he'd have turned out if he ate more trifle? It's hard to imagine anyone settling down to a night of being evil after filling up on trifle.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38429.40 In reply to 38429.39 
Exactly. Schoolboy error. You can't conquer a continent with Haribo. Or even commit effective genocide. Who's going to take Haribonacht seriously?

Not sure whether trifle would have done the trick. Mao swore by Tiramisu and Pol Pot couldn't get enough spotted dick.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–60  …  481–497

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats