Ranter's CornerSony Bastards

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL

So the Sony EU blog page is down, but this was posted on the US one earlier:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/

Seriously, ten fucking days before they tell people that their personal data has been ripped wholesale from their databse, which may* include credit card number + security code and PSN password.

Mother /fuckers/.

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

*more like "almost definitely"

GIVE ME EYERON OR! :@ msg:38140.1
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
38415.2 In reply to 38415.1 

I agree. It shouldn't have taken that long to figure that out.

I am glad they turned the fucking thing off until they get it fixed, but come on. A company as big as Sony, this should never happen. It isn't like they hired me to code their shit.

My son wanted to trade his 360 in on a PS3. This has made him change his mind.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
38415.3 In reply to 38415.2 
I'm not pissed off that it happened - any system can be fucked with - I'm pissed off that it took them so long to say what had happened. They made out it was just a DDoS attack at first, no way they've only just found out that their database was compromised.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38415.4 In reply to 38415.3 
I agree. They knew when they shut it down. I would be a little pissed because it's interrupting other stuff like your steam games!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38415.5 In reply to 38415.1 
Don't worry! As a Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer, you're only being informed at all out of an abundance of caution.

Besides, Sony are doing whatever it takes to resolve the issue as quickly and efficiently as practicable!

Obviously Sony takes information protection very seriously, which is why it was even possible for someone from the Internet to access all the personal and billing details of the entire Sony user base.
After all, an abundance of firewalls to make this impossible is not practicable, and can't seriously be expected from a company with security as their utmost priority.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
38415.6 In reply to 38415.5 
So the answer to better security is more firewalls? I can probably set up 100's of these!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38415.7 In reply to 38415.4 

The portal 2 thing is anoying, but it doesn't PISS ME OFF like this does :@

*goes back to changing passwords on gmail, amazon, lovefilm etc. etc. etc.*

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38415.8 In reply to 38415.7 
Has Goog rolled out 2 step verification for you fellows yet?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38415.9 In reply to 38415.7 
Fuck me, they stored your info in plain text! Sony is so awesome!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38415.10 In reply to 38415.8 
Dunno, what's 2 step verification?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38415.11 In reply to 38415.10 

You have a main password and a 2nd that is generated every month. You use your phone to generate the 2nd.

If you use a new computer you need to generate a 2nd pw. So it doesn't matter if someone gets your main password. As soon as they try to sign in on a different computer they are shut down.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38415.12 In reply to 38415.7 

I'm trying out a combination of Dropbox and Keepass for keeping my passwords in. That way I can use the password generation routines in Keepass, and have different passwords for everything.

I know it's possibly a bit silly to put the Keepass file in Dropbox, but the password on the Keepass file would be a right bugger to break, and my Dropbox password is pretty good, too.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38415.13 In reply to 38415.11 
Ah, no. not yet, although that does sound both good and anoying :|

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38415.14 In reply to 38415.13 

Once you get stuff set up it's not bad. And way safer. Here is a shot of their page about it.

you go to www.google.com/accounts to set it up - that's where you'd do it if you can get it.

Attachments:

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38415.15 In reply to 38415.1 
heh. It's pretty naughty innit! i am looking forward to seeing what weasel words get employed in the coming week or two.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  patch     
38415.16 In reply to 38415.12 
I've been using KeyPass for a couple of years now, it's really good. I still have a couple of places I use my "common" password, one of which just happens to be PSN, which I've now changed.

The only downside to KeyPass is it makes it impossible to gain access to a site from anywhere that isn't the machine you have your KeyPass database on (except of course if you use DropBox like you're doing - just don't go using the same password to access your DropBox account as you do to unlock your KeyPass database) and you don't know what the randomly assigned password is.

The upside to that downside is that I tend to buy less things on my lunch break that I don't really need.

Incidentally it was my Steam account that was compromised (though this was before Steam allowed you to save your card details) that instigated the need for me to start using KeyPass.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
38415.17 In reply to 38415.15 
I'd like to seem them get fined by the ICO for not telling people quickly enough, but I doubt that will happen :(

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
38415.18 In reply to 38415.16 
I think it's possible to use portable versions of Keepass and Dropbox and bung them on a USB stick to carry round, but that just means that I'd have to add a USB stick to my keyring and I'm not too keen on that idea.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
38415.19 In reply to 38415.16 

Hmm - I use one strong password for sites/things that are anything to do with money stuff, because I am incapable of remembering more than one strong password :$

I would like an app on my laptop, PC and Android that would let me easily store and sync (and generate new ones when registering for sites) passwords. That would be good. Does keypass do this?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38415.20 In reply to 38415.19 
You could check into LastPass. That's what I use.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  …  141–157

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats