Teh ForumI'm broked

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Teh forum is being a bit borked for me lately in IE8 (both compatibility mode and not).

I thought I was getting an odd selection of threads in each topic when I started reading (over on the left side) with no apparent relationship to what I'd already read or what was on the start page. Tried clearing cookies and cache but that made no difference.

Anyway, forget that, I didn't note any details down so. The really odd thing is that if I select a topic - general for instance - it only displays a few threads (as per this piccy) without the 'next 50' link at the bottom.

Works fine in Firefox.

Attachments:

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william     
38305.2 In reply to 38305.1 
The thread list functionality has changed. See this thread.

By clicking on a folder you now further filter the view selected in the select box (All Discussions, Unread Discussions, etc.) at the top of the thread list. Previously it would switch to All Discussions when you clicked on a folder.

In your screen shot, what you're seeing is what you have unread in the General folder only, hence the notification box telling you that. If you were to click on Teh Forum folder you'd see what you have unread in that folder only and so on. To View Unread Discussions in all folders, click the "Click Here" link in the notification to clear the folder selection.

It's a bit of a dramatic change and It'll take some getting used to, but it's more powerful now as it allows you to filter more finely.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38305.3 In reply to 38305.1 
Phew, at first I thought this meant that you had no beans for the purchase of computer loveliness and were on the scrounge for handouts.

bastard by name, bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
38305.4 In reply to 38305.2 
Ah, I should keep up with what's going on.

I found the ability to scan threads in batches of 50 quite handy as a rough and ready way of finding something recent, but I can always log out to get the same thing.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
38305.5 In reply to 38305.3 
I'm broke as well, but that's a result of son at university, daughter at school, car in the garage etc.

Did you have a handout ready perchance?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38305.6 In reply to 38305.4 

You don't need to log out to do that!

Ensure the view filter is set to All Discussions before you click on a folder, or click the link in the notification banner to apply the current view to all folders.

If anything these changes are decided to help you find messages easier, so if you're looking for a thread you've seen you can pick a suitable view and then if you know which folder it was in, filter further by that folder.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
38305.7 In reply to 38305.6 
Thank you Matt.

I'm obviously more at home with green screens, command prompts, and text-based menu systems.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–7

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats