War & PoliticsPoli art

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

Message 38286.1 deleted 22 May 2015 23:40 by 53NORTH

To:  Al JunioR (53NORTH)     
38286.2 In reply to 38286.1 

This is why Adobe should make stronger efforts to stop people pirating Photoshop :C

When Photoshop 1.0 first came out there was loads of art like this being made, then people realised it was awful and stopped.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38286.3 In reply to 38286.1 
WTFAY,A?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38286.4 In reply to 38286.1 
Hmm. I was provoked to think "this person should probably not make images" I suppose. About as subtle as a sledgehammer while managing to be combine technical ineptitude and awful composition all at once!

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  steve     
38286.5 In reply to 38286.2 
Huh?

You're assuming that because they're bad images that they were created with an unlicensed copy of Photoshop?

It's entirely possible for rich/stupid people to buy Photoshop and have limited skills to use it. :/
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
38286.6 In reply to 38286.5 
No, I just think if it wasn't such a widely pirated application, then less people would get the chance to play with it and decide to make things with it.

I think traditional-media artists should be banned from digital, Gilbert & George are a prime example. They may have got better, but I saw a show of theirs in 2007 and the later part of the exhibition, where they had discovered Photoshop, was horrific.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38286.7 In reply to 38286.5 
(I was also joking haing a giggle...)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38286.8 In reply to 38286.6 

It's pirated because it was [too] successful and became the de facto industry standard - but if it hadn't done so, it would not have stopped tacky stuff - people would just use other graphics apps instead.

In fact, initially, most non-professionals probably were using other stuff instead, because pirating was much more effort before the Internet took off.

Wait... "when Photoshop 1.0 first came out" ...you were probably still at nursery, playing with fisher price or tomy things that made animal sounds when you pressed the buttons. :P

Bah.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38286.9 In reply to 38286.8 
quote:
Wait... "when Photoshop 1.0 first came out" ...you were probably still at nursery, playing with fisher price or tomy things that made animal sounds when you pressed the buttons.

I studied Photography and Art History at University, so whilst you are correct that I didn't even have a computer when it came out - I still learnt about what was happening at the time and what changes it made to art. My dissertation was on the history of photo manipulation and whether digital affected photographic art for better or worse :D

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38286.10 In reply to 38286.9 
They actually let you study stuff like that?

Rendle will be so proud! :D
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38286.11 In reply to 38286.10 
Hah, yes. I went to an Arts-only university, Rendle would have exploded had he visited.

My course was very industry-driven, very well respected and there's lots of actual-factual-career-paths with a education in photography (I've had work in exhibitions in Tate Britain, my books are in galleries and all sorts :D Unfortunately I have chosen the path which generally results in no income for a good twenty years. Hurrah!)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
38286.12 In reply to 38286.4 
I'm so glad it wasn't just me who thought that.

bastard by name, bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 38286.13 deleted 22 May 2015 23:41 by 53NORTH

38286.14 In reply to 38286.13 
(giggle)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–14

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats