Teh ForumIE9

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Seems a bit borked with teh, it either truncates my post or says cannot post as no content in message. Seeing as it's now final probably worth fixing!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ixion     
38284.2 In reply to 38284.1 
You're gonna have to give me some more clues, because I'm posting this from IE9 right now and there are no problems with length that I can see, although we'll soon find out if that's really the case after I press the Post button.

It would be more helpful if you could copy and paste the exact message you're receiving, whether it's a error message that appears in the HTML or a Javascript alert style error and where it is, i.e. are you using the full fat post page or the quick reply?

And, I did test both the IE9 technical preview and public beta with Beehive before release and the only problem was with a double scrollbar that appeared occasionally in message pane on the technical preview, but was gone by the time of the beta so I presumed it was an IE9 bug that got fixed.

And, and, Beehive even makes use of IE9's msapplication-task to allow you to pin the site to your Windows 7 taskbar and have right click access to areas of the forum.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
38284.3 In reply to 38284.2 
See the attached screen grab! I'm using IE9 on Windows 7 SP1 with every update under the sun installed, seems to work fine in Firefox and Chrome on the same PC.

Attachments:

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38284.4 In reply to 38284.3 
Ahh, you're using TinyMCE. That'll be where the bug is, not Beehive. I have upgraded to the latest release, consider this post a test to see if it fixes it.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38284.5 In reply to 38284.4 
That's a yes.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38284.6 In reply to 38284.5 
Had to clear my internet cache as well, just in case anyone else is suffering from the same thing. Thanks for the fix Matt.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38284.7 In reply to 38284.4 
Have you considered using YUI Editor? It's on the Yahoo! and Google Javascript CDN servers, might help bandwidth etc.

Happy now?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE)     
38284.8 In reply to 38284.7 
First time I've heard of YUI Editor (I've used the YUICompressor). I shall have a look at it sometime.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–8

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats