War & PoliticsBigot

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)     
37370.21 In reply to 37370.19 
I so agree. when I watch the election debates, there are several times when I find myself disagreeing with Cameron and agreeing with Brown. However, this just makes me feel disappointed. Mainly because no matter how much sense Brown may talk on a certain issue (and don't get me wrong, I don't agree with all he says), Labour have pissed away any chance they had of getting my vote due to their shambolic handling of the Mandybill. A pity too. They did get my vote at the last two elections for instance and now they're fucked any chance they had of getting it over the miss-handling of one important bill..
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 37370.22 was deleted

To:  Mr (M00RL0CK)     
37370.23 In reply to 37370.22 
Really? Even with that smile at the end?

Roses are bollocks, Violets are crud, I hate bloody flowers, And much prefer mud.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
37370.24 In reply to 37370.23 
The polls seem to place Brown quite clearly at the bottom (except, bizarrely the Channel 4 poll)
My life is hard, I suffer lots
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37370.25 In reply to 37370.19 
quote:
I'd certainly consider switching back based on it

Why?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
37370.26 In reply to 37370.25 
Because bigots should be called bigots. And any party which demonstrates that they can still recognise a bigot when they encounter one, while still recognising that calling the bigot a bigot in public would be politically unwise currently, would gain a degree of my confidence.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37370.27 In reply to 37370.26 
That's just a long winded way of saying "He's not an idiot"?
(Which most politicians, despite other flaws, are not, so not really anything significant)

I'm more inclined to go with Manthorp's perspective, although the whole thing seems a trifle not really worth this much fuss over.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37370.28 In reply to 37370.26 
Fair enough that you respect him for calling a bigot a bigot (although he did it behind her back rather than to her face, which would've been more honest), but would you still respect him for calling a spade a spade?

bastard by name, bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
37370.29 In reply to 37370.27 
I don't think it's that at all. I think it's more like saying "he's not a cunt".

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
37370.30 In reply to 37370.28 
Well clearly saying it to her face would've been more honest. But in a country of bigots it wouldn't've been very politically astute.

There's having principles and then there's having the political instincts to be able to do anything with them (not that I'm suggesting he has much of the latter).

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mr (M00RL0CK)     
37370.31 In reply to 37370.22 
It's a funny one. I thought that Cameron was awful in it, yet a lot of polls have him down as the winner. This is despite him constantly trotting out the old "waste" cliché (which sounds good, but is just utterly unrealistic) and the fact that he was repeatedly accused of inheritance tax breaks for the rich (amongst other things) and which he just ignored and would not answer. Last week when accused of something incorrectly, he immediately and strenuously denied the accusation. The fact that he didn't this time around tells its own story about the truth of these allegations.
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dave!!     
37370.32 In reply to 37370.31 
I thought Cameron was positively foamy. I was waiting for his head to turn form orange to bright white and then explode rather messily all over the shiny set.

It means something to Owen
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37370.33 In reply to 37370.31 
That's what annoyed me about Cameron, that he didn't directly answer those important questions about inheritance tax. That said, the other two annoyed me by going into 'Paxman Mode' and repeatedly saying 'yes or no?' or 'answer the question David' when Cameron went on the defensive or ignored the point completely.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
37370.34 In reply to 37370.33 
At least they didn't threaten to overrule him. :-)
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37370.35 In reply to 37370.34 

They'd still be debating now if they had!

I liked Dimbleby's style as well, he didn't cut them off as their minute ended like Alastair Stewart did, he allowed a bit of leniency.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
quote:
big·ot   /ˈbɪgət/ Show Spelled[big-uht]
–noun
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

TBH, that sounds like quite a lot of people, including Mr.Brown

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Oscarvarium (OZGUR)     
37370.37 In reply to 37370.5 
Eastern Europe.

Happy now?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Oscarvarium (OZGUR)     
37370.38 In reply to 37370.5 
MI6 have looked into it and it seems that they are coming from this place called Eastern Europe.

"Legs up" variants involve the woman raising her legs. These were exceptionally popular in Ancient Greece and were commonly depicted on Attic pottery of the Classical Period. The conspiring women in Aristophanes' Lysistrata likely refer to it when they take an oath "not to lift high their Persian slippers" (οὐ πρὸς τὸν ὄροφον ἀνατενῶ τὼ Περσικά ou pros ton orophon anateuō tō Persika). In one variant, the woman may lift and slightly bend her legs, resting her feet flat on the mattress. This shortens the distance between the vagina and cervix, and it can place more friction on the G-spot.[citation needed] The woman may find this more comfortable than the standard position, and it can allow her to push against the man's thrust, giving her some control over the rhythm.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–38

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats