War & PoliticsElection Debates

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Anyone watching?

They're both giving Clegg way too much airtime. Cameron even addressed a question directly at him, which was fucking idiocy. Even worse, Clegg answered it. They should both be pretending he doesn't exist.

Anyway, Brown's coming across surprisingly well. Cameron seems to be coming across worst.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Lucy (X3N0PH0N)     
37341.2 In reply to 37341.1 
I've decided I'm going entirely on personality for this election. Clegg wins.

Roses are bollocks, Violets are crud, I hate bloody flowers, And much prefer mud.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
37341.3 In reply to 37341.2 
(giggle)

Aye.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I don't know nothing about politics, but I've watched this for shits and giggles.

My views:

Nick = Seems more genuine than the other two, but keeps repeating himself and he's boring me. He's too weak!

David = Utter dick. Really don't like him. I hate his face and I hate the way he argues. He's a smug shit and he has too much make-up on.

Gordon = Pretty awesome. He has cheeky little smiles and he doesn't come across as a cock. Girlfriend (who's a teacher) says that he's done a reet good job with education, and she's usually right about things.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37341.5 In reply to 37341.1 

Listening to bits of it on the radio, taping the show to watch later :$

Answer my facebook message, cunt :@

"Legs up" variants involve the woman raising her legs. These were exceptionally popular in Ancient Greece and were commonly depicted on Attic pottery of the Classical Period. The conspiring women in Aristophanes' Lysistrata likely refer to it when they take an oath "not to lift high their Persian slippers" (οὐ πρὸς τὸν ὄροφον ἀνατενῶ τὼ Περσικά ou pros ton orophon anateuō tō Persika). In one variant, the woman may lift and slightly bend her legs, resting her feet flat on the mattress. This shortens the distance between the vagina and cervix, and it can place more friction on the G-spot.[citation needed] The woman may find this more comfortable than the standard position, and it can allow her to push against the man's thrust, giving her some control over the rhythm.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37341.6 In reply to 37341.1 

Stole this off Twitter:

The election as a relationship: Labour, the abusive partner that you know you should leave but just can't bring yourself to do it. The Torries, the ex that's hurt you in the past. The Lib Dems, the friend that you really like, but just don't fancy.

"Legs up" variants involve the woman raising her legs. These were exceptionally popular in Ancient Greece and were commonly depicted on Attic pottery of the Classical Period. The conspiring women in Aristophanes' Lysistrata likely refer to it when they take an oath "not to lift high their Persian slippers" (οὐ πρὸς τὸν ὄροφον ἀνατενῶ τὼ Περσικά ou pros ton orophon anateuō tō Persika). In one variant, the woman may lift and slightly bend her legs, resting her feet flat on the mattress. This shortens the distance between the vagina and cervix, and it can place more friction on the G-spot.[citation needed] The woman may find this more comfortable than the standard position, and it can allow her to push against the man's thrust, giving her some control over the rhythm.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37341.7 In reply to 37341.6 
I've never started a Twitter trend before, help me -> http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23wtilb

Roses are bollocks, Violets are crud, I hate bloody flowers, And much prefer mud.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
37341.8 In reply to 37341.7 
Should it not be wtild? :$

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37341.9 In reply to 37341.1 
Perhaps it doesn't matter for Cameron.

If Clegg wins votes then most will come from Labour anyway.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william     
37341.10 In reply to 37341.9 
I know that's the received wisdom but I'm not sure it's actually true.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Bollocks, I forgot to watch or record. I'll have to wait for it to appear on the TheBox.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
37341.12 In reply to 37341.8 

:$

http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23wtild

Not very good at this

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37341.13 In reply to 37341.10 
I know.

It's much closer to being a reflection of my fears.

Much though I loathe the current leadership of the Labour party.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Clegg 'won'. Does he get a prize?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/Sky-News-Instant-Leaders-Debate-Poll-With-Fizzback-Panel-Texts-Feedback-For-Faster-Results/Article/201004315603598?f=rss

Q: Who will be Chancellor of the Exchequer if Labour win the election?
A: Vince Cable

(fail)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
37341.15 In reply to 37341.14 

I dunno about a prize but he'll almost certainly get more votes. Whether they count for anything is still unknown.
From what I've heard, the first few percentage swing points towards the Lib Dems will actually help Labour, as they'll be from Tory seats. As the swing becomes more pronounced, the model says that Labour will start worrying, places like Liverpool which are historic Labour safe seats are suddenly under threat.
Even with that though, unless its some monumental shift, the 'best' result for the Lib Dems will be a hung parliament. In that case, Brown stays on as Prime Minister and is given the chance to try and construct a government, likely by forming agreements with other parties. You saw that last night with the obvious difference in Brown's stance between Cameron and Clegg, he was effectively wooing Clegg in comparison.

I already know that my vote won't count though. I'm voting Lib Dem, but in a Tory majority of over 10k, that would have to be some serious swing to cause a change.

My life is hard, I suffer lots
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37341.16 In reply to 37341.1 

Clegg did come across very well I thought. One of the biggest reasons was that he seemed to be able to back up his claims with a bit more substance than the other 2.

Brown came across surprisingly well, although this may just have been because I had such low expectations for him. Unfortunately, any chance Labour had of getting my vote disappeared when they forced the Mandybill through the wash-up period of parliament instead of properly debating it.

Cameron came across fairly poorly. He kept on blabbering on about "waste", but was only able to quote a couple of fairly tame examples of this. Sure canning the 7% pay rise for NHS managers is a good idea, but it's not going to magically result in billions of pounds of savings. Waste is only waste once you've identified it and explained exactly how you'd save the money. Until then, it's just an empty and substance-less word.

I was leaning in favour of Lib Dem before seeing this debate (I've explained my anti-Labour stance, and our Tory candidate lives over 50 miles away from my town for a start!). This debate has just enhanced that lean.

---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dave!!     
37341.17 In reply to 37341.16 

You've just reminded me about the most annoying thing about Cameron from last night.
The only real concrete example of waste that he identified was the 7% payrise for NHS managers, but then he went on to say that the only public service he was protecting was the NHS, and that he'd actually be increasing the contributions in real-term over the life of the parliament.

My life is hard, I suffer lots
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37341.18 In reply to 37341.16 
Aye, exactly the same for me really.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37341.19 In reply to 37341.16 
quote: Dave!!
empty and substance-less

Pretty much like the Tory party themselves? I hate the fact that David Cameron (or any politician) can get by on being 'charismatic' (at least in some people's eyes) and not by showing any actual integrity, intelligence or leadership qualities.

I liked the chancellor debate because if you look at the three of them and think "who puts the most effort into their apearance?" you also get the likely answer to "who puts the least amount of effort into actually working?" (Darling's anomalous eyebrows notwithstanding).

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Radio     
37341.20 In reply to 37341.15 
quote:
Even with that though, unless its some monumental shift, the 'best' result for the Lib Dems will be a hung parliament. In that case, Brown stays on as Prime Minister

Even if the Tories end up with more seats than Labour?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  …  61–64

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats